What's new

*** Official ALICE IN WONDERLAND Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Will be seeing this film tonight at a sneak preview at the local IMAX. I won passes through a local radio show. The version I am seeing is the 3D version.

Holer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joel
Man the critics are really divided over this one - they either really like it with reservations or they absolutely hate it. Interesting. Burton's Johnny Depp films don't usually get pasted.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Alice in Wonderland". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Alice in Wonderland" should be posted to the
[COLOR= #44708c]Official Review Thread[/COLOR].

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
WOW! I guess I am alone in having enjoyed this movie.

I didn't think that the opening was weak. I thought it was a nice set up to her going back to Wonderland. I liked the idea that she didn't seem to remember anything about her first adventure there and that she thought it was a dream. I agree that the ending was not the best and I would much rather her have gone back to Wonderland and stayed.

I still think this movie is far better than what people are saying, but that's just my humble opinion.

(Admin note - moved this post from the review thread)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Great. I'm still deciding whether to go to this film. I go to the review thread for impressions about this movie and get to read how the movie ends. Thanks. There is a discussion thread for talking about specific points of a film and it is right here. At the very least, people could learn to use spoiler blocks if they are going to mention something specific, like how a movie ends. The reveal may seem minor and maybe even obvious to the posters but other people still don't want to read anything about how a movie ends.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by Lucia Duran /forum/thread/298672/official-alice-in-wonderland-discussion-thread#post_3667571

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Saw this tonight, at the Albany digital IMAX. Ended up in the 2nd row, which made for a nice large image, but it was too close as it was easy to make out the individual pixels especially in the numerous bright scenes.

Aside from that, I wasn't that thrilled with the movie. I really think Depp's Mad Hatter should have been crazier, and I especially hated his anachronistic dance number at the end. Wonderland was a bit lacking in wonder, and the story was too run of the mill. I did like most of the character designs and costumes, though.

Jamisterb

Auditioning
Real Name
Jamisterb
This movie really making the audience count on every adventure it been able to make. such a fine movie adventure comes with some things kids will have a dream at most of their childhood. Alice in Wonderland makes lot of enthuse and i did agree with the movie script prompt as far as realistic stuff to the movie.

source
http://www.80millionmoviesfree.com

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I didn't have a problem with the movie itself. I was entertained. However we did see it in Imax 3d and it was horrible. Like others have said there was no real sweet spot for the focus. I had to adjust my glasses just to make sure I could see it clear. The picture would become fuzzy then focus etc etc.. This is the same theater I saw Avatar in so I know it is a good theater.

I really liked the two little fat boys. They made the movie and they were only in it for all of two minutes!

I do think TB did a good job on it and to me it is far better then Willy Wonka.

I also felt the Christopher's character looked odd and felt very cgi'ish. I didn't like his movement etc. It also took me out of the film.

The only scene I could of did without and I wish they would of left it out was the following:

The Johnny Depp dance sequence. That scene alone ruined the entire move going experience for me.... it was that bad to me.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I thought the film was ok. But the 3D IMAX was horrible. I know it wasn't the theater (saw Avatar in the same theater). The 3D was out of focus and I had to keep adjusting as to where I was looking.

Saw this at the "The Bridge" in Los Angeles.

The two characters I really liked and there were only in the film for a few frames were the two boys.......

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Equipment can fall out of proper alignment even at the best venues. Only nobody will know if nobody complains.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
This is true.... However, given the person we saw it with said the same thing from another location I am tending to believe it is the 3D. Although I could be wrong. But I do agree~

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I will wait for the Blu-ray release of this. I have read a lot of reviews and although there are certainly unfavorable reviews, most I have seen are favorable. Both Phillips and Scott from "At the Movies" rate it as a See It and Roger Ebert gave it ***/****. The fact it has set an all-time box office record for March openings means it probably will be considered a success.

Chris

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
Definitely agree about the dance sequence.... it was too modern and way out of what little period feel had been created.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks