*** Official "A MIGHTY WIND" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Steve_Knutzen, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

Anyone notice a set piece behind The Folksman that resembled Stonehenge?
    The movie was great but the audio kept cutting out at the theater I saw it at. We completely missed the Folksman's dialogue backstage while the New Main Street Singers are playing. Fred Willard was excellent as usual. Personally I think this character was even better than his announcer in Best In Show. I couldn't breath I was laughing so hard while he was talking about "Wha' Happened." Jennifer Coolidge's model train
    line got the biggest laugh of the movie.
    Funniest movie I've seen in a while. The crew definitely delivers.

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "A Mighty Wind" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "A Mighty Wind" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

3. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

it was inevitable that someone ask this, but um...when is this thing expanding? hopefully around the orlando area? [​IMG]

4. John Doroshenk

Man, I can't wait to see this movie, hoping to go this weekend, I loved Waiting for Guffman and Best In Show. Does Parker Posey have a good roll in this one?

5. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

I've been anticipating this one since the fantastically funny Best In Show. Unfortunately, the Charlotte NC area is slower to get independent/eclectic features. [​IMG]

6. Richard Stammer

Richard Stammer Stunt Coordinator

Richard
    What is going on with this movie's release? I am in Sarasota, Florida and can't find it playing anywhere. Not even in Tampa. Sure is no problem finding such dreck as House of 1000 corpses though.

7. Leo Hinze

Leo Hinze Stunt Coordinator

Parker Posey has a good role in this one. Her look is rather cute, too.

8. Ben Osborne

Ben Osborne Second Unit

Richard,

The list of cities that it's being released in is on the first page of the movie's website:

http://amightywindonline.warnerbros.com/index.php

It doesn't look like it's playing anywhere near you. You'll just have to wait for the DVD.

9. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Fun movie, our arthouse theater was PACKED and people were laughing so hard it was tough to hear the dialogue. Then midway they turned the volume way up and it was still hard to hear! Great movie, I think I'll enjoy it more with repeat viewing (when I finally hear all the dialogue!).

10. Joe Solek

Joe Solek Agent

Box Office Mojo states that A Mighty Wind is playing in only 133 screens nation wide.

11. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Good time to go see it then. I think this film isn't as "accessible" by the mainstream public if/when it goes wide just because not everyone has seen Guffman and Best in Show. The folks seeing the film now know what to expect and really enjoy it, while you might be the only one laughing when it goes wide.

"Wwweeeellllll" [​IMG]

12. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

I'm a fan of most everybody in the cast, as well as their past work separate and together...

This movie has me interested but unfortunately, I don't know where it's playing. I was hoping to catch it when I was at Disney World last week, but I didn't. SIGH...better wait for the DVD.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

If it counts for anything, though, I saw "Anger Management" and "Chicago". Both are recommended, but I'll just go to their individual threads to tout their virtues.

13. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Saw this on Saturday, and the cinema was completely packed. The crowd seemed to love it. Did enjoy it myself.

Is it just me, or is the Mitch character is supposed to be a pastiche of Bob Dylan?

14. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Was a pretty enjoyable movie, like most of Christopher Guest's movies. Problem I had with it, tho, was it seemed like it was a missed opportunity in some aspects. (What about all the political activism of the 60s folk movement?)

15. Caroline_T

Caroline_T Auditioning

I thought this movie was great. I had to drive 45 minutes to get to a theater that had it, but it was completely worth it. The theater was packed too. Probably all Guffman fans. I hope they keep making these. I love them!

Caroline

16. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Yeah I hope they open this wide. Seems to be getting great reviews sans Eebs who was a little too harsh on it IMO.

17. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

BrianB, that's not outlandish thinking at all. Didn't Dylan perform with Joan Baez and was romantically involved with her? Obviously they weren't a group... but in the speech of Mitch he feels kinda "Dylan".

18. BrianB

BrianB Producer

19. Tom McDonald

Tom McDonald Stunt Coordinator

Just letting everyone know, went to see this movie last night and it is hilarious, better then Best In Show, as funny as Spinal Tap. Christopher Guest and crew have hit another Home Run, go see it you will Laugh your A** off.

20. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

I am still lamenting that this film is playing nowhere within 40 miles of me [​IMG]