What's new

***Official 7th Annual HTF October Scary Movie Challenge*** (1 Viewer)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Argh, I totally forgot about this thread. I ended up at around 25 movies watched, but it's no biggie. I just wanted to complete the scary movie challenge anyway. Next year, I should have more time in October so I can go for the Ultimate Splatter-Head title. :)

There is one movie that I wanted to talk about that I watched during the last weekend of October, and that is Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. I'm really glad I finally got around to watching this one. It was as sick and twisted as I Spit on Your Grave, but was much better done, in my opinion. If there absolutley must be an Elm Street prequel, I can at least say that John McNaughton should be very capable of pulling it off.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

A membership to Jenny Craig would be better if folks are going to send me any gifts. :) I'm still way too skinny but I noticed that I didn't have time to cook much since I was watching so many films. Instead I was just ordering pizzas and hitting the fast food and I noticed I probably gained 7-10 pounds last month. :D

However, in all seriousness, like I said last year those around me probably spent a lot more time on this challenge. You'll notice that the majority of my films watched were under 70 minutes so I could usually view at least two in the same time frame that others would watch one.

Either way, as Matt said, it's good we had a better turnout this year and next year I'm going to try and make a compilation of lesser known horror films to pass around for the group to watch (or at least those interested).

I've stayed away from the genre this month but I did watch Argento's DO YOU LIKE HITCHCOCK? and found it to be quite horrid. It's not as bad as his PHANTOM OF THE OPERA but I certainly won't be watching it again.

Sebastien S

Second Unit
Seems like the people in change of this thread/challenge not only missed my score (page 15) but also after 3 e-mails, just couldn't be bothered to fix the post and add my score...

So I've decided to do it myself, took me all of 2 min. I can see now why no one had gotten to it yet!?!!

2006 HTF Scary movie challenge:

1. Friday the 13th - 7.5/10 10/07/2006
2. Friday the 13th Part 2 - 7/10 10/07/2006
3. Friday the 13th Part 3 - 7/10 10/08/2006
4. Friday the 13th Part 4 "The Final Chapter" - 9/10 10/08/2006
5. Friday the 13th Part 5 "The New Beggining" - 7.5/10 10/09/2006
6. Friday the 13th Part 6 "Jason Lives" - 8/10 10/09/2006
7. Saw II - 8.5/10 10/14/2006
8. War of the Worlds (2005) - 9.5/10 10/17/2006
9. Friday the 13th Part 7 "The New Blood" - 8.5/10 10/21/2006
10. Friday the 13th Part 8 "Jason takes Manhatan" - 7.5/10 10/21/2006
11. Corps Bride - 9/10 10/21/2006
12. Jason goes to Hell - 7.5/10 10/22/2006
13. The Omen (2006) - 7/10 10/23/2006
14. The Skeleton Key - 7/10 10/24/2006
15. The Blair Witch Project - 10/10 10/25/2006
16. The Fog (2005) - 7.5/10 10/25/2006
17. Freddy Vs. Jason - 9.5/10 10/31/2006

Total: 17

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Fixed, Sebastien. Did you email me? The only thing I received was one private message yesterday (which I just read and replied to now). Sorry about the confusion.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Don't sweat it Matt. Someone is being pissy and unreasonable. It's not like you get paid for this or anything, and there is nothing to prevent someone from pointing out their tally here without adding insults.

Thanks for doing the thread in the first place.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Thank you John. This is a thread for fun so there's no point in getting upset over anything. If someone's post is buried in the middle of the thread you can't expect someone to search it out.

The reason Matt didn't get all the e-mails is because they were sent to me. Sebastian, I replied to your PM saying I couldn't do it myself.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Any chance of this happening again this year? I've been stock piling horror and grindhouse fair :P

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
This is new to me. I've been hanging out here a long time.. Must have missed this challenge.

If we do it again this year, I'll try for at least 13.

There are a number of movies I have been interested in watching. This gives me an added push to actually do it. :)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure someone will begin the thread again, but it seems a little early at this point. It's too bad I'm not counting September though, because I've already watched a lot of horrors this month alone!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Nice Joe! I actually have been on an forced break from horror and such, just to save films for the challenge. now I have so many films backlogged... there's no way I'll get them all in :P

I know I'm a little early in bringing this up, I'm just sadly dead excited. It's always so fun to hear every one talk about the films. I'd start up the new thread, but there's no way I'll be able to tally it all up at the end, too lazy. Plus, the last challenge nearly killed me, I don't expect my brain to survive this one ;)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
LOVED the challenge last year (my first) and looking forward to it again! I already moved any horror titles in my Netflix queue so I don't watch any before this starts.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Has anyone tried to look at the first page of this thread? Someone must have done something weird, I think probably a table that was improperly laid out, because my browser (FireFox on Mac) completely wigs out when I try to go there.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The first page is working fine for me, on both firefox and explorer. It was my looking for the first page so I could copy my tally from last year that prompted me to rejuvenate this thread. :P

EDIT! Sorry, I'm on a PC.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think that is a good idea. The "winner" each year is awarded the title "Official HTF Geek Loser" and has to officiate the list the following year.

I will be participating, but there is no way I will be coming close to the 58 (or whatever it was) movies of last year.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I can if need be, although I've got 4 Dylan concerts that month as well as a Mellencamp and Springsteen so I'm not sure how much I'll be watching this year.

If I'm going to start it then I'll post a new thread this weekend so that people can chat about what is or isn't a horror film. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks