What's new

*** Official 2009 Warner Chat and Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

jim om

Auditioning
Gee, they're not really telling us much we already didn't know from scrounging around the net. And why aren't people asking about such titles as Cabaret, Barry Lyndon, McCabe and Mrs. Miller on Blu-ray?
Also, doesn't anyone have the gall to ask about a redo of the botched Amadeus blu-ray? (smirk - but in a good way. I love WB when they're good and am annoyed with them when they're bad),
jim

Corey

Screenwriter
Yay about the Judy films. Her Warner/MGM catalog will be complete.

Someone ask about Jean Harlow please. They mentioned a set back in 2005!!!

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
How about their plans for Watchmen? In particular, will they release the extended cut right off the bat or are we going to have to wait for that cut?

ReggieW

Screenwriter

I have attempted to enter the chat and ask about Harlow with no luck.

Can someone please ask? Can an Admin at least please ask?

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
I tried to participate in one of these chats for once, rather than watch from the sidelines and didn't quite understand the proper etiquette. Looks like I got snubbed when I finally followed the rules.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Looking back at the chat now, it looks as if someone has echoed my question about John Garfield titles...

EDIT: Somewhat disappointed that the Garfield titles will be coming via Warner Archive rather than a full-fledged set. The Harlow set is still on schedule...for 2011.

Corey

Screenwriter
only one last request. the Garbomaniacs will be mad as hell if someone doesn't ask about her remaining talkies!

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
The only thing that concerned me, at least initially, was that Warner never bothered to differentiate whether a title was slated for retail or Archives. God forbid if I have to get the rest of the Tarzans one title at time for 20 bucks a pop. :eek:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
All in all, a great chat in my opinion. Lots of really good questions and info. Warners' opening statement should allay any concerns folks had about their archive program and the impact on retail releases (other than perhaps pricing which has been noted).

Maybe it was just me, but I don't see WHV as being evasive. True, they didn't offer specific dates, but having gotten burned on that before I can appreciate their reluctance to do so.

Thanks to Ron & Parker for hosting and to WHV for participating.

This archive program has REALLY reignited my enthusiasm for this hobby. The economy and resulting slowdown of releases has certainly dampened things a bit, but times will get better and the excitement generated by the possibilities of warnerarchive.com has brought a new life to collecting films.

Thanks, WHV!

Steve

Derek Estes

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sad to hear that Barry Lyndon isn't in the works for blu-ray. IMO it's Kubrick's most visually beautiful film, yet the DVD isn't even anamorphic!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks