What's new

*** Official 2002 Major League Baseball Season Thread (1 Viewer)

Phil L

Supporting Actor
I can't imagine Cleveland trading Colon for anything less than a 45+HR guy. He pitched a complete game loss the other day, and was throwing 100 mph in the 8th.

OT: can anyone think of a starting pitcher who works slower than Colon?

Phil L

Supporting Actor
Trachsel and Nomo are pretty slow.

Maybe I just have a gripe about Colon: I was at yankee stadium last year, he was pitching verrrrrrrrrry slowly in 100+ degree heat. The game lasted more than 4 hours, I left feeling like I'd been deep fried.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
GO M's! Boone and Cammy set a single inning home run record and Cammy is trying to set a record for most back to back home runs in a game (he's tied with 4 and 5 will be the new record). This kind of makes up for the 4 out of 5 losses this week.

Gregory E

Second Unit
Yes! That's my team, but honestly...I'm suprised at how well they've been playing. I hope they keep it up. I guess they don't need Griffey after all! :D

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Scott, I know you're out there and laughing about Robert Person who was unconscious today: 2 HR, 7 RBI. Really good day for any player, but for you that aren't aware Person is a pitcher.
So...what do you guys think about Griffey/Reds? Should they trade him? If I were the GM, I would...try to get a quality starting pitcher. If they don't, I think their lead is going to wither away going into the second half of the season (though their pitching isn't bad now..); Of course, I do hope they falter and the Cardinals win the divison. :D

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
John,
I watched the game on TV today with my jaw in my lap.
I called the commissioner of my reality league and yelled "Robert Person! $42!!"
If you're in a keeper league, you know why that's funny.
I may not have Person on my team, but I do have Pat the Bat. :)
And nicest of all: The Phils held on to win...18-3. :laugh:

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
There's so much to be excited about right now in baseball.
Ichiro is currently hitting .376, folks. We possibly could see someone hit .400 for the first time in 60 years.
Barry Bonds is more than likely going to reach 600 HR this year. He's simply amazing.
Boston is actually in first place in the AL East. Is this their year? Well, let's see if they can hold onto the lead at least until the All-star break.
Interleague play is starting up this week. My Cardinals get KC, then Seattle then back to KC again. Scott, looks like the Phils drew Detroit, Cleveland and Baltimore. Lucky break. ;)
Here's to getting rid of the DH!
smiley_beertoast.gif

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Interleague play is starting up this week.
Bleh. One of the million great things baseball had over other sports is that the championship game will not just be a rematch of something earlier in the year. Just another way it appears that Seligula is actively trying to hurt the game.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
But Jason, you wouldn't have been able to see the defensive matchup that was NY Yankees @ Colorado. :laugh: What did that end up as? 17-10 NY? Seemed like the score of a Jets vs Broncos NFL game.
As a Cardinal fan, I'm sad to see Jack Buck go. The man was a phenomenal announcer and person. He will be missed. :frowning:

Phil L

Supporting Actor
Yankees @ Colorado

Game one NYY 10, COL 5

Game two NYY 20, CoL 10

Game three (11 innings) NYY 11, COL 14

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
I''m just gonna say this. MARK MY WORDS! Chicago White Sox WILL BE World Series Champs. I have no doubt in my mind. Their record doesn't show it but once they bust out of their funk, Major League Baseball better watch out.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
....and to think that I didn't pick up more Yankees/Rockies on my fantasy BB teams.
As far as the HTF Yahoo fantasy game, I'm moving up. But I really don't see (barring injuries) how anyone's going to crack the top 3. I know I'm not! :angry: ;)

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Boston is actually in first place in the AL East. Is this their year? Well, let's see if they can hold onto the lead at least until the All-star break.
As they were at this time last year. Boston will crash and burn as usual after the break. Mark my words. :)

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
No. Mark my words. The Mariners will be World Series champs. :D They're turning it around. And that's a scary thought considering they're already leading the AL West. Edgar's back, Boone and Cameron will snap out of their slumps and they'll be a major offensive force again.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
No. Mark my words. The Mariners will be World Series champs. They're turning it around. And that's a scary thought considering they're already leading the AL West. Edgar's back, Boone and Cameron will snap out of their slumps and they'll be a major offensive force again.
Maybe... but once again they'll have to get through the Yanks, and we all know how that has gone in the past couple years, regardless of what sweet Lou promises.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation625
Recent bookmarks