What's new

*** Official 16th Annual HTF October Scary Movie Challenge 2015 *** (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just added Twilight Time's blu of Theatre of Blood to my pile, along with the Vincent Price Collections I, II, and III. I'd also like to revist the original, silent Nosferatu. I have some unopened blu franchise sets that I should crack open, such as The Exorcist, Nightmare on Elm Street, Universal's Classic Monsters, and Saw.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Since this thread was started on Sept 15 of last year, I was going to wait until close to that date this year for this year's challenge :)

Very well - but just know that if the thread isn't up by 12:03 on the 15th, expect me to. . . well, look at you very disapprovingly through the monitor.

along with the Vincent Price Collections I, II, and III.

Did you pick up the Price Set 1 while it was still in print, or did you find it somewhere for a reasonable price (or, I suppose, did you pay the outlandish prices demanded by the secondary market?).

Volume 1 was sitting on my "Oh, I'll get it one of these days" list when it went out of print and suddenly you couldn't find it anywhere for love or money. I was lucky enough to pick up one direct from Shout! when they had a box of 10 discovered in a back room somewhere and sold them in a very, very tiny window on their page. I paid the full MSRP which kind of sucked, but it was a damn sight better than the 400 bucks amazon is asking.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Did you pick up the Price Set 1 while it was still in print, or did you find it somewhere for a reasonable price (or, I suppose, did you pay the outlandish prices demanded by the secondary market?).

A very kind soul here at HTF had an extra copy and offered it for a very nice price, which I jumped at. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I dont want to clutter up the Current Halloween Challenge thread with random chat, but this is relevant so I'll put it here. Over on Amazon.co.uk, the Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece boxed set is currently going for 31 pounds. With the Pound in freefall, the set shipped to the US ran me 39.07.

For fourteen movies. That's slightly over two bucks a movie! INSANE!

Now mind you, you lose North by Northwest that was in the domestic set and apparently the discs are decorated with generic disc art. But you know, for 80 bucks, I'll put up with generic art and find a copy of NxNW somewhere.

Anyway I thought I'd share with my fellow movie nerds. Not having the set, I instantly picked it up and it should be here the first couple of days of October. I know what I'm adding to my Horror rotation this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks