Office Season Two Question?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mick Tees, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Mick Tees

Mick Tees Second Unit

I understand the Office Season Two DVD set it getting rave reviews. Mostly because of all the extra or bonus features.

My question is: Which disc is the blooper reel on? I believe that I saw on Access Hollywood or Entertainment Tonight earlier this week that they said the blooper reel was 15 minutes long.

Is it spread out over all four discs or is it on just one? Which one?

Thanks....

(p.s. - this is on my wife's wishlist for Christmas)

2. Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch Second Unit

The Office Season 2 is even better than the reviews indicate. It is now my favorite show on TV. The gag reel is only on one disc and that is disc #4.

3. Mick Tees

Mick Tees Second Unit

Thanks Doug! I'm gonna order it today....

4. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

Yes, this is a great set. Each episode has around ten minutes of deleted scenes, mostly subplots that were cut out. So, it is like getting 6 extra episodes.

5. Mick Tees

Mick Tees Second Unit

Very cool Jon. Don't you wish every TV show on DVD would give you that many extras....

6. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Screenwriter

Craig Beam
    Best comedy on television, period. The Season 3 premiere ("Gay Witch Hunt") was hysterical.

My only complaint about the season 2 set is the lack of a "play all" feature on the fake PSAs. VERY minor blemish on an otherwise stellar set.

7. Eric_Bee

Eric_Bee Stunt Coordinator

8. Joe Reinwald

Joe Reinwald Stunt Coordinator

Without echoing what has been said, this was a great set. Because of the large number of cuts from "live action" to the "interviews" the deleted scenes could easily have fit back in without feeling out of place (and it's not like there are a lot of set changes that would make things look odd). As is, the deleted scenes--again due to the nature of the cutting--feel like an episode unto themselves.

I also agree that the PSAs deserved a play-all, but I was usually chuckling long enough for the menu to load again.

9. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Producer
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    "Gay Witch Hunt" has to be the funniest episode the show has ever done - and one of the funniest things I've ever seen on TV. Absolutely brilliant from start to finish. I've seen it three times and I still die laughing each time!

10. Phil Garcia

Phil Garcia Stunt Coordinator

Note that Target has an exclusive bonus feature on disc 3...its the Jenna Fisher cam on the Booze Cruise. Its pretty funny, but even though I got it at Target I still despise exclusive bonus features to stores. [​IMG]