What's new

X2 (2003) (1 Viewer)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Well, I'm all set to see it. No advancwe ticket sales here, so I'll have to go stand in line around noon tomorrow, in order to make it into the first afternoon show. I'll try to have a review tomorrow night :)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Seems like the score did get an overhaul in the trailer. Sounds pretty good, but a lot of times that is not even the score from the film.

The review I had was from local talk radio. They said there was tons of action, some great character development too, and those brief comedy spots we enjoyed in the first.

Mostly they just said they absolutely cut loose on the heros this time. They really show their true powers.

They also said that the producer and the rest of the crew wishes they had the budget for the first one that they had for this one, they believe it could have been a lot more.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
They also said that the producer and the rest of the crew wishes they had the budget for the first one that they had for this one, they believe it could have been a lot more.
What's preventing them from remaking it right now? :D

AJ Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
AJ
Does there seem to be a lack of TV spots for X2 or is it just me? I've been watching a lot of the NBA playoffs lately so I mostly watched ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, TNT and TBS and I have yet to see one TV spot for X2 and it's being released this week. On the flipside I see Matrix Reloaded TV spots constantly. You would think they would advertise heavily for X2 during the playoffs since the people who are watching is probably the demographic they're aiming for.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
You would think they would advertise heavily for X2 during the playoffs since the people who are watching is probably the demographic they're aiming for.
That demographic is probably too old. :D

There was an ad during tonight's "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." :wink:

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I liked the first X-Men...one of my favorite comic book movies (after Superman, Batman, and Spidey, in that order).

If I had to sum up my problems with the film with one word, though, it would be THIN.

It just seemed a little too thin on depth, character development, plot, and even length. If the film had been 10-15 minutes longer, they could have added more depth, I think.

Well--here's to hoping the first film will make a nice prologue to X-Men 2. :emoji_thumbsup:

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I always thought The Rocketeer was underrated as a comic book movie.

It was intended to be a trilogy. Too bad:frowning:

I caught the end of HBOs making Of for X2 and I liked what I saw with Pyro(his attitude sucks). Very cool :emoji_thumbsup:

AJ Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
AJ

You think so? I figured the NBA playoffs would cover the male demographic from 18-40+.

Tom Oh

Second Unit
I saw it Monday at HK preimiere. X2 is the best superhero movie. Better than Superman. I came out the theater excited and happy. Usually, I'm critical as hell.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Just in the interest of balance

the first full on pan i've found.
this particular reviewer from Film Threat gave it 1 1/2 *'s
he supplies his geek street cred by saying he pissed off Claremont at a convention once when he was 12 yrs old asking anal questions.
here's a quote from the review-

you can read the rest at the site.
there are two reviews of it up, the first was complimentary, this is by far the most negative i've read.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
In all fairness, it doesn't really take much to piss off Chris Claremont, y'know? ;) No need to be a true fanboy for THAT. Heck, if your last name is Byrne, that might be enough :D

Diallo B

Screenwriter
The "EPIC PONDERING POSE."

Absolutely HILARIOUS!!!!!LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!! ROFLMFOA!!!!!!!!

I am officially stealing this term and utilizing it whenever appropriate.

When I see X2 at the midnight show this Thursday night I am going to post back with my count of EPP.

Now I have something to do if I am not entertained by the movie. Again, LOL!!!!!!!

djb

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Just got back, impressive sequel. It is definitely a case of "if you liked the first one, you should dig it". The filmmakers have made this film with the assumption that you are familiar with the first installment. If you haven't you will wonder what the heck is going on. Characters from previous film are built upon further, and the new characters are slowly introduced to become major players in the next film.

Those who were worried that there would be too much action and not enough of the character moments that were present in the first film don't have to worry, there is plenty of those moments in X2. I have no idea why Harry Knowles feels the need to almost trash the first film to show how much he enjoyed X2, while I feel the sequel is a stronger film overall, it isn’t leagues ahead of its predecessor – in a way they are very similar films with the second having a much bigger production and more breathing space to make the film they wanted this time around.

Nightcrawler looked fantastic – Alan Cumming did a superb job with the character. There is a neat Colossus cameo as well, I also noticed on a computer screen that had a list of mutant names, Remy LeBeau was among the names. :)
Regarding Magneto No matter how implausible is escape from the plastic prison may be it was done really well, the crowd seemed really into it as well.

It is hard to make comments without spoiling things which is why I found it hard to write a little blurb. It is an excellent comic book adaptation and a fun 2hrs of escapism and while Marvel had a major misfire in February there comic book films seem back on track.

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
Just saw X-Men 2 and there's one thing I have to say quickly. Kelly Hu was fully clothed dammit! What the...? I mean, what a disappointment after The Scorpion King ;) Nevertheless, we did get to see a great close-up so I'm done :)

The fight sequence between Wolverine & Deathstrike was great that reminded me a lot of Terminator 2 fight scene at the mall.

Another equally great scene was Magneto's escape from his 'plastic prison'.

And what about the sequence involving Pyro & Magneto. You could sense the transition with a Vader-like menace in Pyro. An obvious segway into the third instalment where Magneto will fill the role of the Emperor who will probably guide Pyro into a great force.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
... their comic book films seem back on track.
But for how long? I read in the new EW that Marvel has filed a lawsuit to dissolve the agreement reached with Sony in 1999 regarding Spider-Man. Don't know if this would affect any other character franchise or not.

Dave Carstens

Auditioning
I didn't jizz my pants over the first film, but the opening scene with Nightcrawler in the White House made my jaw drop. I am so pleased I went in spoiler-free, especially concerning Jean-Grey's fate. What a shock! I now vaguely remember the Pheonix storyline from the cartoon, but when I saw it on screen I was blown away. Biggest pleaser for me was the fact that Wolverine was such a badass! No kiddie fighting, knocking your enemies uncounscious- his animal instincts were at full force. Like I said, the first film was 'OK,' this one was in-friggin'-credible!

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
The thing between Marvel and Sony has to do with merchandising. From what I've read, the Spidey movie is very much on track.

In my opinion, the Marvel band wagon is going full steam ahead. I always liked the idea behind Daredevil, but for one reason or another, never read the comics much. That may be why I enjoyed the film so much. For me it was as good film. It wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it a lot. I have great hope for the Director's Cut of the film on DVD. For those few like me who enjoyed Daredevil a lot, Marvel has yet to have a misstep.

Starting with Blade, all the way through the Hulk, things are looking great. Now if only things don't derail with The Punisher. That awful picture of Thomas Jane has me scared that everything they do won't be of X2 quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks