*** Offical "Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Scott Weinberg, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Does anyone really KNOW what went on behind the scenes of the original Charlie's Angels? I know that there were reports that Bill Murray and Lucy Liu were NOT on good terms with one another, but I've never been able to find out the real dirt.
    Word on the sequel is that Liu, Barrymore and Diaz are all returning (as is director McG), but no Bill Murray. They'll need to cast at least 3 good comedians to fill his void. (OK, Charlie's Angels wasn't Murray's best schtick ever, but even a little Billy M. is reason to rejoice!)
    Any guesses on the person (or persons) they'll get to fill Murray's shoes? Will someone else be playing "Bosley" or will they jettison the character entirely? And what's the REAL story about the Charlie's Angels backstage nastiness?

2. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

I thought I read somewhere that Liu may have hit/punched Murray. Take that as the third/fourthhand information it is.

3. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Murray gone? Looks like someone at Columbia worked out the answer to the question "how do we make CA2 even worse?" [​IMG]
    Who could replace Murray? Difficult! Possibly Steve Martin, if they got him drunk enough.

4. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

I would guess they would eliminate Bosley.

How this would work is another thing but if they lean into the action/sex more they could rely on the girls for all the comic relief.

Good thing? Ida know. I thought the worst section of the film was toward the end when it began to take itself too seriously.

5. HenrikTull

HenrikTull Second Unit

Here's my solution: DON'T MAKE CHARLIE'S ANGELS 2! THE FIRST ONE WAS BAD ENOUGH!!!! [​IMG]
    Just my opinion of course. [​IMG]

6. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

There goes the only reason to see CA2.

7. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

hmmm... what about Dan Ackroyd? I think he could deliver a performance of Bosley. Or am I just connecting him with Murray in 'Ghostbusters'
    Then again, I think it may be better just to leave him out, for continuities sake, or kill him off (ala Mr. Phelps in MI2).
    She kicked him, eh?
    Bitch. [​IMG]

8. Brian_J

Brian_J Second Unit

If there ever was an actress who thought too much of herself it is her.

Brian

9. Sean Coon

Sean Coon Auditioning

10. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Jamie Foxx as Bill Murray's son.

How depressing.

11. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Umm..Jamie Foxx???? You've got to be kidding!!!!!! [​IMG]

12. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    /************************************************** **

hmmm... what about Dan Ackroyd? I think he could deliver a performance of Bosley. Or am I just connecting him with Murray in 'Ghostbusters'

************************************************** ****/

Not Ackroyd. Remember what happened with Caddyshack II. No one can replace Bill Murray. But I agree with some others, Don't make a bad sequel of a bad movie, imho.

13. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

I for one enjoyed the hell out of the 1st flick. (My review) I'm disappointed to see Bill Murray go, as he is one of my favorite actors. But I'll be able to live without him. The most important thing is that they got the same director back.
    Jamie Foxx as Bill's son, I think that's pretty ingenious. It'll fit right in with all the great stupidity of the series. I think Foxx is a talented and funny guy, as long as he's not let go to far over-the-top.
    I look forward to part 2.

14. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Jamie Foxx?!
    That's...
    That's...
    That's...
    BRILLIANT!
    [​IMG]

15. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

I'd be ditching Miss Lui before Murray, that's for sure. You could hear the clock ticking on her career before Angels. Personally, I'd ditch the director along the way as well. The last thing we need is another 90 minute music video passing itself off as a film. I've seen margarine commercials with better direction and plot.

16. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Screenwriter

The first Charlie's Angels made a mint. We're going to get a sequel whether we like it or not.

I really wish Bill Murray would re-consider.

Here's a thought! Dump Lucy Liu! Would anyone really miss her? Well, would you?

17. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Is that title definite? The moment I probably wasn't the only one who thought...

GREAT!!! Drew Barrymore against The Flood! I'd pay good money to see that kind of babes with rocket launchers carnage.

18. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

19. Ken Situ

Ken Situ Stunt Coordinator

Forget everything else but just have the angels in wet tight T-shirt doing mud-wrestling for 90 minutes and call it "Angles in Mud". There, you can do away with Bill Murray.

20. Chris Lock

Chris Lock Second Unit

I'm one of the few that actually liked the first one. I guess it helps if you realize it was a parody, not unlike the Brady Bunch movies.