What's new

Oddities and Spin Offs you wanna see released (1 Viewer)

ladies man
hagen
house calls
angie
making a living
flying high
i'm a big girl now
dan august
harper valley pta
when things were rotten
making the grade
struck by lightning

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
How's this for an obscure "Holy Grail?" The 1987, 1988, 1989 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Special that aired on NBC. It had a great performance by the Jets as they sang the theme from Chip N' Dale's Rescue Rangers when it first came out. I had it on tape, but it got accidentally erased.

They really did have a high energy performance that day.

Maybe some other obsessive fan (like me) has it on tape . . . . out there.

James

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Oddities or forgotten

Hot L Baltimore
would be good to see again.

Brothers was a show aired on Showtime maybe in the 80's?

Making a Living/It's a Living same show retooled.

The Magician w/ Bill Bixby

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Brothers was indeed a Showtime series in the 80s- and ahead of its time with a major gay character in it.

I remember Hot L Baltimore as a kid- and that's where I saw James Cromwell, Charlotte Rae and Conchata Ferrell on TV for the first time (also Jeannie Linero who played "Lucy Marino'- Sonny's mistress in The Godfather) was in the cast, too). Considering how they made big strides in their careers later on on film and TV, you'd think this show would be released as a cult show. Also, it should be on cable on a network like IFC or Bravo.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Always heard good things about Hot L and Brothers, so I'd pick up both of those.

As far as It's/Making a Living, it's still the #1 show on my DVD wish list, and a wonderful guilty pleasure--especially the first 2 seasons.

I emailed WBShop months back and told them I'd be first in line if they make it available as a MOD release. I doubt they'd put it out any other way.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Kasey
Always heard good things about Hot L and Brothers, so I'd pick up both of those.

As far as It's/Making a Living, it's still the #1 show on my DVD wish list, and a wonderful guilty pleasure--especially the first 2 seasons.

I emailed WBShop months back and told them I'd be first in line if they make it available as a MOD release. I doubt they'd put it out any other way.
I watched a Brothers episode a couple years back that was on the end of a tape containing another Showtime original series, Steambath (which, incidentally, starred Robert Picardo).

I'll have to say that from the episode I saw, the comedy in Brothers, unfortunately, doesn't seem to have aged very well. The episode guest-starred Leslie Easterbrook from Police Academy. As it was a Showtime series, I kept hoping she'd get topless, but alas, no!

By the way, Brothers had two major gay characters, though perhaps what was considered notable was that the starring gay character was not portrayed as the typical swishy stereotype. The other gay character on the show (Donald), however, was about as "flaming" as a stereotype can be!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Now that we've boarded the HMS Early Gay Characters, how about:

Love, Sidney (should turn up on WB's MOD program eventually)

Snip (unaired NBC show with David Brenner and Lesley Ann Warren set at a hair salon, with a gay co-worker as one of the supporting characters. Predated "Soap" by a year and was pulled at the last minute with about 7 episodes in the can).

davidmathew

Auditioning
Real Name
David
First of all, I am so glad I read this thread last week because somehow , after all these years of reading this site , I managed to miss the quite amazing news that "Stockard Channing in Just Friends" actually got released on dvd ! I think my heart actually stopped when I read the post ! Now that my copy has arrived from amazon I can finally focus enough to contribute some other "wish list" titles ;

1) Madame's Place
2) Pacific Palisades
3) Amanda's
4) Partners in crime
5) It's your move
6) Jennifer Slept Here
7) We got it Made
8) Shirley
9) Hail to the Chief
10) Making It

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Forgot about When Things Were Rotten myself. Hope it comes out in 2011.

Originally Posted by JamesSmith

How's this for an obscure "Holy Grail?" The 1987, 1988, 1989 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Special that aired on NBC. It had a great performance by the Jets as they sang the theme from Chip N' Dale's Rescue Rangers when it first came out. I had it on tape, but it got accidentally erased.

They really did have a high energy performance that day.

Maybe some other obsessive fan (like me) has it on tape . . . . out there.

James
Guys! Not advocating selling/swapping or anything out there, that's not right, but can there be anything besides youtube, where you can mention you're looking for a 1988, 89 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Special. I know people have some obscure things in the video closet (I know I do), but are there any newsgroups/forums you can look into.

James

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
I know this is by no means a quality comedy show but, I would like to see It's About Time released. I recently finished watching the whole series. Maybe because I remember it fondly from my youth. I still have the lunchbox. I did enjoy watching it again. You can't go wrong with Joe E Ross and Imogene Coca.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Spin-offs I would like to see

Bourbon Street Beat (1959) from 77 Sunset Strip
Hawaiian Eye (1959) from 77 Sunset Strip

Models Inc (1994) - Spin-off from Melrose Place
Ozzie's Girls (1973) from Ozzie & Harriet

Surfside Six (1960) from Bourbon Street Beat

will add more in the morning its 2.45am so gonna try to sleep, damn insomnia

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Help about the following:

1. Holmes and Yo Yo
2. Sanford Arms
3. Enos
4. Sierra

There are quite a few shows that had only a few episodes, so maybe they could group some of these shows together like they did with prime time crime set.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'd love boxsets with those annual "Battle Of The Network Stars", "Circus Of the Stars" and the one shot "Wildest West Show Of The Stars" they used to show. :)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Have done a HTF thread search for this TV show, but couldn't find an exact match, so I did a HTF post search for the most recently posted in threads where I'd mentioned this TV series. Thought I'd suggested it in a thread but couldn't remember which one. It might not have been this thread.

Anyway, thought I'd check Madman's website to see if Quincy, M.E.'s sixth season was being released. Nothing about that, however there was a very surprising title on the TV Coming Soon section.....The Law & Harry McGraw, a complete series boxset from Madman, with the first Murder, She Wrote episode which the character Harry McGraw appeared in, along with the extended third season Murder, She Wrote episode "Death Takes a Dive" included as extras. It says on EpGuides.com's episode list for The Law & Harry McGraw that the first episode was a two hour episode. Hopefully this version of the episode (feature length) will be included in the DVD set.

The release date of Madman's DVD set of The Law & Harry McGraw is Wednesday 7th November.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Recently going through some old video tapes that I hadn't labelled to see what was on em (you know, the whole 'keep or toss out' scenario).
I came across an episode of a sitcom starring Madeline Kahn!! Funny as crap!!
Would love to see the rest of this released on DVD!!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
bretmaverick2 said:
Recently going through some old video tapes that I hadn't labelled to see what was on em (you know, the whole 'keep or toss out' scenario).
I came across an episode of a sitcom starring Madeline Kahn!! Funny as crap!!
Would love to see the rest of this released on DVD!!
Was it "Oh, Madeline?" That was actually the first sitcom I ever videotaped. I still have it, but I'm afraid to watch it because the vhs is almost 30 years old now! I wish they'd do a dvd of that--

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Ethan Riley said:
Was it "Oh, Madeline?" That was actually the first sitcom I ever videotaped. I still have it, but I'm afraid to watch it because the vhs is almost 30 years old now! I wish they'd do a dvd of that--
if your VCR is in good shape, don't be afraid! I have some off-air videotapes that date back to 1978 that play just fine!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
It might also be wise to consider getting a DVD recorder to transfer your vintage tapes. I've been doing that the last several years and it's worth a lot in space savings ultimately!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks