What's new

Ockeghem's All Things DARK SHADOWS (w/Spoilers) (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
It was a sad day when they made the announcement about Dr. Guthrie. The man was putting himself in a lot of danger to help everybody. And being a para-psychologist is just a cool sounding job. Who ya gonna call? Doctor Guthrie!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^^ now THAT was a talk! I think I woofed down the whole bowl of popcorn before it ended.

But you know... like Willie said, Jason is all bluffer. Barnabas...? not so much... not at all actually... poor Jason. He better hope it's in B's interest to keep him around. But I don't think it is.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I do want to make a statement about something I said here some time ago. I spoke about a members comments on Jonathan Frid. I deleted the comments the next day. I guess I need to do more. I wish that member to forgive what I said. I hope he comes back and contributes to the thread. I have no right to tell other members how to speak or have fun.

Well that is all and I hope to see you back here fellow Dark Shadows Fan. I also want to add that Radioman certainly keeps me looking for each of his posts when ever I check in on HTF.

tracyedgar

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Mark, I don't think it's me you're referring to because I don't recall any comments about J. Frid. I've always said how much I loved all the supernaturals, but that I had a special affection for the mortals, especially Carolyn, Maggie and Willie.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Just finished watching episodes 460 & 461 - the end of the 1795 story.Fantastic scene between Joshua and Barnabas.I already knew how the actual return would happen, but wasn't sure about the reactions.Biggest problem, remembering the storyline and relationships of the current day characters (after all these months away)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This is my third (or maybe fourth) viewing. However, it is my first start to finish.Born in '61, so watched original broadcasts, starting in mid-run.Watched syndicated versions (which I don't think we're complete run)Didn't get the SciFi channel until somewhere in mid-run of their first go-round. But since they did two complete runs watched middle to end followed by start to middle. Too much going on in life to complete second run then.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
267 (i think) had the new Burke's second appearance. He needs to turn up the swagger to a point a few steps below Jason and he'd have it. I hope the heck he will stop whispering, and not because I'm hard of hearing! You hear Burke when he's around!

268 (i think) they reveal Liz's Birth date and even though I'm only a few years younger than the character, I get nothing but a mother vibe from her. ain't that weird? lol I'm like David's (and Carolyn's) big bro and Liz is the nurturing aunt!

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
Radioman970 said:
A little drink, and a mention of Jason to Barnabas...and he'll have a talk with him... :cheers: this will be good :popcorn:
As much as I like to give Frid's memory HELL for botched...heavily struggled lines, etcetera. It's quite clear when serious drama was given to Frid...he ACED it. I can't find the Jason audio that you guys speak of...but I know exactly the exchange that you are talking about. I only saw the scene once...but that's all you need to see it...because the exchange between Frid and Patrick is so memorable.

I love this show...because it's like nothing you can compare to anything else. Sure there's a great deal of fumble stumble humble and crumble in the show but that's part of it charm. Thank The Lord for Frid or we would STILL be listening to way too much parlor talk between Molteke, Barrett, Bennett and sometimes Leigh Scott and watching the show in B/W. :lol: .

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Shatner's Grim Reaper said:
I love this show...because it's like nothing you can compare to anything else. Sure there's a great deal of fumble stumble humble and crumble in the show but that's part of it charm. Thank The Lord for Frid or we would STILL be listening to way too much parlor talk between Molteke, Barrett, Bennett and sometimes Leigh Scott and watching the show in B/W. :lol: .
Or it would have been cancelled by ABC at that point...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Oh yeah... I also thought Frid was amazing when he was talking to Vickie and Carolyn (I believe) on Widow's Hill about one of the widows. I did a lengthy story about what happened, I think he did that flawlessly. He had me hanging on each word.

I don't want to look for audio from that exchange with B and J. I totally fear spoilers on the net.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
AndyMcKinney said:
Or it would have been cancelled by ABC at that point...
Right Andy....I never woulda guess that. :) I think others may understand my meaning....silly as it is. I'm always silly...safer that way. :)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Wedding? A good time to post this picture:

ds-cast-website.jpg

Harry

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^ it took me a second, but I noticed No Joe! And Jason is hiding way in the back to a scaredy cat!

All those warm smiles. It's just strange... I watched the interview with Carolyn talking about the camera never stopping, she was real funny. She said even if someone broke their neck she wasn't sure if it would stop rolling or not. In the background, during the interview, you could hear what sounded like a motorcycle roaring up... I was thinking Buzz was there to pick her up.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Paul,I think Mrs. Johnson smiled a couple of times, most notably when she was talking fondly about her former employer, Bill Malloy. But you're right in that it didn't seem to occur very often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks