What's new

Ockeghem's All Things DARK SHADOWS (w/Spoilers) (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
What's with the weird static / pixilation effect which occurs shortly into Episode #392 (Collection 5)? I have 2 sets of Collection 5 and the effect appears on both copies. Must be an element issue? Has anybody else seen this?

handley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I'm now up through Episode #1011. It's good to see Barnabas back! There's just something about Frid's performance that the others, as good as they are, just don't seem to capture. He's the star of the show, for sure. The first DS movie must've wrapped up about this time, because some of the others (Barrett, Hall, Karlen, Edmonds) are now back as well. I'm finally warming up to the whole PT storyline.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Paul you are rignt about the wrap of the movie. The movie really hurt the show because as you point out Jonathan and the main actors were gone from the show. I am sorry to say I did not like PT 1970. I have said this before that Angelique is so evil in this time I did not like her. I just finished the first opening of a grave on DS. George I love the changes in Laura's face during the seance and even later when she is questioned by Doctor Guthrie. I also love the episode where Guthrie is holding a copy of the script in his hand while talking. Just like Barnabas and Sam looking at the script in the old house later on in the show. Scott you were in 1897 i believe when you last reported your viewing. I thought you said Laura had returned to Collinwood is that correct? I love it when Laura returns in 1897. I even jump to that storyline when the Laura plot ends in 1967. Byron what you refer to happens in some episodes. I did not take a look at the one you mentioned but I am sure mine does the same. You are right about Maggie being out of the show but I think the producers wanted to concentrate on leading up to the 1795 flash back. Funny how David is not used in the 1795 flash back until later in 1796.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I just re-watched the episodes which lead up to Barbabas' costume party at the Old House (episodes #278-280) and noticed a blooper I missed during my first viewing. During the end credits a stage-hand quickly walks past the doorway leading out of Josette's bedroom!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Classicmovieguy, I think I remember the blooper you mention. There are a couple of others I have seen over the years, but I never marked down exactly where they were for future reference. Mark, I am currently up to episode #769. I can't watch any more unless my oldest daughter is watching with me (it's kind of an unwritten rule in our home). Her school and work schedules are tight now, but once she is finished with school in about two months, we might be able to get back to some serious viewing of Dark Shadows. Speaking to you yesterday inspired me to watch other story arcs from the series. So I went back to one of my favorites (the Bill Malloy arc), and re-watched five episodes from that story line (nos. 56-60) last night. That first year certainly is amazing. There is so much to appreciate with regard to what is going on in the series at that time.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mark,

Thanks as always for the information. :)

I finally got around to watching some episodes tonight, as my daughter is on her spring break. We watched episode nos. 769-770. These episodes concerned Dirk finding out why he couldn't kill Barnabas, and how he learned of Barnabas' secret. Beth (bless her heart) was trying very hard to keep it from Dirk and (eventually) Jamison. When Barnabas finds out what Dirk knows, Barnabas takes matters into his own hands.

Jamison convinces Edward that he has learned (from Dirk) of a coffin in the basement of The Old House. Edward visits Barnabas to check out Jamison's story. And of course the coffin is gone when he goes down to investigate. I liked how we again got to see the room where Victoria was once held prisoner by Matthew Morgan.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I'm now up through Episode #1058. Roger has killed almost everyone at Collinwood, Julia is locked in the basement and Roxanne Drew is now talking. It took me a little while to warm up to the PT storyline, but I must say that I did enjoy evil Angelique and her demise was well deserved. Just not sure where they go from here, but I'll soon find out!

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I believe i will pull out Dark Shadows 2012 movie either this weekend or next for viewing. I may even pull out House and Night of Dark Shadows. Since i finished off Laura 1897 last weekend i can start my pick of the best from the series.Paul I hated the Angelique from PT because she was so evil. I guess i should give Lara Parker credit for making me feel that way. I loved all the Angelique from our time and Lara did get to play twins in PT. There is a great behind the scenes film of Lara in the crypt playing the twins. The scene was being reshot. Nice slice of DS history there.Scott not much on the news front but I did read as I am sure you did that it has been one year now since we lost Jonathan a few weeks ago. Scott how did you like Sleepy Hollow? The film is another one of my Tim Burton favorites.Well happy viewing to all DS fans!!

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
I loved Burton's take....Depp came through yet again. Gave my daughter and son-in-law my complete set of DS...they loved the "Coffin".

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mark,Yes, I knew about the one-year anniversary of Frid's passing.I'll PM you about Sleepy Hollow. :)

tracyedgar

Stunt Coordinator
Wow--this thread has 62 pages! I have started to follow it and will have to go back and read some of the posts! Mark--as you know, I'm a pretty good authority on all things DS. Maybe not quite as good as Charles Ellis--but up there, nonetheless! LOL.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Tracy,Welcome to the thread. I might add that Mark is a pretty darn good resource on all things Dark Shadows himself. :)

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I'm now through Episode #1070. An interesting trip into 1995. Crazy Carolyn, the silently menacing Gerard Stiles and Kate Jackson! I'm sure all of these new characters will be fleshed out very soon.

tracyedgar

Stunt Coordinator
Ockeghem said:
Tracy,Welcome to the thread. I might add that Mark is a pretty darn good resource on all things Dark Shadows himself. :)
Believe me, I know that!! Mark is a good friend of mine and we converse on a wide variety of shows!

tracyedgar

Stunt Coordinator
Mr. Handley said:
I'm now through Episode #1070. An interesting trip into 1995. Crazy Carolyn, the silently menacing Gerard Stiles and Kate Jackson! I'm sure all of these new characters will be fleshed out very soon.
Nancy Barrett kicks a$$ in those scenes!!! Of course, she made every single one of her very different characters uniquely memorable!!

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I'm now up through Episode #1078. We're back in 1970 with the ghosts of Daphne and Gerard starting to stir things up. I'm really enjoying the start of this storyline and I can't wait to see how it all plays out...and a young Kate Jackson is very easy on the eyes!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks