What's new

Obscure TV western shows. (1 Viewer)

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Yet another odd series that I wouldn't mind seeing released would be BARBARY COAST with Shatner and Doug McClure. Just over a dozen or so episodes, sort of a fantasy western in the style somewhat of Wild Wild West. Would be a nice odd series to have.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
More obscure westerns: Temple Houston, Buckskin, The Americans, The Travels of Jaime McPheeters, Rough Riders, and Man Without a Gun. Of those, I think the two best are The Americans, and The Travels of Jamie McPheeters (starring a young Kurt Russell, and Charles Bronson). The Americans is actually a Civil War show, but I think it counts as a western. :)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Richard V said:
More obscure westerns: Temple Houston, Buckskin, The Americans, The Travels of Jaime McPheeters, Rough Riders, and Man Without a Gun. Of those, I think the two best are The Americans, and The Travels of Jamie McPheeters (starring a young Kurt Russell, and Charles Bronson). The Americans is actually a Civil War show, but I think it counts as a western. :)
Jamie McPheeters ran for years on Saturday mornings on TNT so anyone who wanted the show had ample opportunity to get it. I had a chance to view all of The Americans episodes not long ago. Interesting premise, certainly not a western, but I didn't think the show lived up to its potential. It tries too hard to show the Civil War from both sides of the story and it just doesn't come off. The armies spend more time trying not to kill each other than trying to win the war. Of the shows you list, Buckskin might have the best shot since its a Universal owned series.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I want to see THE BOUNTY MAN (1972) on DVD. A movie-of-the-week, 74 minutes in a 90 minute time slot. Not certain, but I think it was a Universal. Playhouse Video issued it on VHS back in the 1980s. A lean mean rugged western directed by John L. Moxey (THE NIGHT STALKER) and starring Clint Walker in the best role of his career as a badass bounty hunter. A very young Margot Kidder steals every scenes she's in without half-trying, and she's in most of the film. I also want to see the mini-series MR. HORN (1979) starring David Carradine and Richard Widmark in a script by William Goldman (who wrote Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, 1969).; WILD TIMES (1979) starring Sam Elliott and Ben Johnson as competing sharpshooters; and Burt Kennedy's THE ALAMO: 13 DAYS TO GLORY (1988) with James Arness and Alec Baldwin. But most important, I want to see Sam Peckinpah's two series properly treated. We need the complete THE RIFLEMAN each episode in chronological order. And THE WESTERNER (1960) with Brian Keith is long overdue. There are only 13 episodes. Put 'em on two discs and release it already.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks