Obscure rock song trivia challenge!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jack Spencer, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Jack Spencer

Jack Spencer Agent

Welcome to my obscure rock song trivia challenge. Could also be titled "I really like this song and need someone to tell me what it is."

Comes from: The TV series Andromeda, season 3 eposide 8, "For whom the bell tolls."

Sounds like: Some obscure 80s rock band

Lyrics I can make out: "you dream about what you wanna be and you cry cause you're not like me..
    still moan about the nothing you got but what you got is high
    you make me crazy, you make me shiver"

Final clue: Listen to some bits & pieces of the song here, cut from two different scenes in the show: http://www.crystallinedreams.net/crazy.mp3 (1.88MB)

Is anyone up to this challenge?

2. Cambryn

Cambryn Auditioning

I used to work at Sam Goody 5 years back and still can not name that tune! I will ask around for you...
    Cambryn@tvauthority.com

3. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Well, I got the lyrics right, but I am not positive who did it. My best guess is that it is 'For Whom the Bells Toll' by Metallica.

Glenn

4. Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer Screenwriter

It definitely ain't Metallica. [​IMG] As for the song, I have no idea. Even trying a phrase search in Google came up empty, and that never happens. Even if I don't hear the lyrics quite right I can usually tweak them enough within Google to figure it out, but this time it's stone cold.

5. Jack Spencer

Jack Spencer Agent

I know, I can't help but wonder if it's not some KISS-like cover band, or just a one-off for the show, but it sounds decent enough to be a real song. Surely someone has heard this before or has access to better resources to find it. This is the first time Google has ever failed me in such a quest.

6. BrettB

BrettB Producer

Well, I'll have to disagree on the "decent" part. Didn't sound like a real song to me. [​IMG]

7. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

??

8. Jack Spencer

Jack Spencer Agent

Chris, not sure, but the more I think about it the more I think it's possible. McCauley did all of the orchestral stuff for Andromeda, but it does say "Lyrics by" ... and I can't think of any other actual songs in that episode that had lyrics.

Barring a second opinion, I think that's got to be it. Which means the rest of the song, if it exists, might be impossible to get ahold of, and might not be all that great anyway.

Oh well. Thanks for playing, everyone.

9. Jack Spencer

Jack Spencer Agent

Chris: More searching reveals you're right. That's exactly what it is.

Thank you!