What's new

Oblivian gates (1 Viewer)

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Hey, it's me again! With yet another Oblivian question. Do you need to close every Oblivian gate, or just the ones close to the towns prior to going the big gate for the final battle? When the big one is finally closed, will that shut down the rest that are out there? I've closed each one outside of each city to get aid for Bruma, but see lots popping up here and there.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
When I started playing Oblivion way back when, I was under the impression that there were 12 Oblivion gates that needed to be closed. I haven't bothered with the main quest for quite a while, I just enjoy walking around and "happening" upon forts and caves and whatnot. It dawned on me that I have closed WAY more than 12 Oblivion gates.

I found a GREAT map a few months back that showed the location of EVERY landmark in the game (I'll post the link if I can find it again), and it turns out there are like 96 Oblivion gates throughout the game (and most of them are laid out almost exactly alike...and get VERY boring after a while).

I believe there are 12 PARTICULAR Oblivion gates which must be closed in order to complete the main quest, but I have no idea WHICH particular gates.

Hope I've been of some slight help.

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Thanks Don. Thats why I was asking. I don't really want to close 96 gates!! And you are right, it does get boring after awhile. I just did'nt want to close all of them if I did'nt have to. I'd like to finish the main quest and then do as you said, travel around and happen upon things. Once again, thanks for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks