What's new

O.K. Universal, where are the next releases for.. (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Not that this means to much, but on the Miami Vice BB they seem pretty sure S3 will be out in December. Just thought i would pass it along.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
The wankers at Universal are just comparing the big sales of, say, "Columbo" (deservedly) to those with less sales, and if they don't match they stop. BS policy.:frowning: I want more "Quincy", "McCloud", "Kojak", "Night Gallery" (their revenge for bad rap), and "Baretta". I can't believe we won't see more of these classics, these shows can't be doing that badly...

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I'm still waiting for the rest of Baa Baa Black Sheep. The rest can easily fit on a second volume, so it's not like they'd be continuing six more seasons of a low-selling show. It's maybe 2-3 discs in one set and they're done. Now get to it, Universal!

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Speaking of Universal. Why does it take so long for Law&Order to come out ??I'm pretty much soured on the idea of buying anymore of the sets

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I need my Rockford Files Season 3!!!

I couldn't believe how well those old eps help up in the Season 1 and 2 sets. I'm beginning to think that that show may have been the last of the great "downtrodden" Private Investigator series!

Jonathan_

Second Unit
Universal has released a season of Miami Vice each of the past two Decembers. Logic would say that Season 3 will come out on December 5th to coincide with the DVD release of the movie.

Dorrie_W

Stunt Coordinator
Okay well I read the thread and I hope for a December 2006 Miami Vice Season 3 DVD release. I am waiting for announcements for the following Universal titles-

Charles in Charge Season 2 (come on we need the Nicole Eggert years with the real cool family most fans liked best and the grandpa)

Gimme a Break Season 2 (I know about the CA release)

The Hulk Set was real nice I enjoyed it, but that was just a few months ago, I'm sure we will hear more soon, at least I hope so. I was also pleased with the quality of the Amazing Stories set.

With that being said, hopefully some of these older shows we are waiting on will get better treatment when they come back because Emergency, McMillan, McCloud, and Quincy were pretty bare bones and basic when they came out the first time.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick

I've e-mailed Cannell.com and they say Uni will release season 3 spring of 2007. :)

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Agreed! I'm also waiting for more ``Hulk,'' ``Baa Baa Black Sheep,'' ``Quincy'' and ``Hardy Boys'' and ``SeaQuest,'' at least we've finally received word on the release of the Season 3 of ``Emergency!'' Come on, Universal, get on the ball! :frowning:

RogerH

Supporting Actor

I can't wait for that :D Hopefully the other seasons will follow soon (even though they aren't as good as the first 2).

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Ok, so now we've got Gord giving us the news that Universal is releasing another season of "Rockford" (unfortunately I have no interest in this series) while specifically pointing out that the internet rumors about slow sales were not true with this show. What I want to know definitively, one way or another, is whether or not "Leave it to Beaver" has been slowed down because of poor sales. Please tell us, Gord.

Gary "this lack of news about LITB is killing me" O.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I'm happy for "Rockford" fans, but it's the 70s crime show I'm least waiting for. C'mon Universal, understand that not every show will sell a million copies, and settle for less with certain titles. But still release them, just like less popular films do get released, so why not take the same approach with TV shows? It's better than having a lot of disappointed fans, instead of thinking differently market-wise TV vs. movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks