O Brother Where Art Thou? chapter freeze HELP

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard Huck, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Richard Huck

Richard Huck Agent

Hello everybody having a tough time viewing the DVD keeps stalling on chapter 20 can't scan FF or RW anybody else with this problem I have a Sony 7000 player and have had no problem with any other disc in almost 5 years. Has anybody heard of a bad batch of DVD's or anything else pertaining to this problem. Thanks for you help. Rich
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

2. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

I just got the DVD the other day and haven't watched it, but maybe it as the layer change? Perhaps it is just another Disney title that screw up on various players?
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    My Toshiba SD-1800 pauses for about a second at the layer change (During the "concert scene" where it cuts away to some guy at home listening to his radio.)
    That's normal for layer transitions on my player.
    ------------------
    -P.J. McCart
    [​IMG]
    http://cztoondb.tripod.com

4. Mitchell Kaufman

As a matter of fact, my Sony 7000 had problems with this DVD, too. It froze between chapters, but earlier in the disc than chapter 20 (I don't remember which chapter offhand). It did this the first time I played it, but not subsequently.
    The Sony also habitually stops between chapters 1 and 2 on Criterion discs, and goes back to the menu. The workaround for this is to start the disc using the scene selections in the menu.
    MK

5. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

I have now watched this excellent movie twice now since I posted above (and bought the soundtrack) but I have had no problems (Denon DVM-3700). The layer change is kind of awkwardly placed (a scene showing an old couple stiing beside a radio) and it kinda lasted longer than the typical layer change, but it went on fine after that...
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

6. YANG

YANG Second Unit

"Perhaps it is just another Disney title that screw up on various players?"
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I did not have any problem playing this disc with my PHILIPS dvdplayer with the main movie.But i do encounter problem with this disc,when i activate the playback of this movie via the main menu...happens when i selected the DTS track.
    During playback the time counter does not count properly.
    Another DISNEY disc that have minor playback problem,is REMEMBER THE TITANS.This problem also happens during DTS playback.At the near end of the movie,when credits about the future of the football team starts to appear,the disc stalls.
    No problem playing back when DD track is selected.
    I have to ask again,does these problems happens to all TECHNICOLOR pressed discs?!!!
    Why other DTS discs by other studios do not have playback problems at all?!!!
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/028186.html

7. tommy_esq

tommy_esq Stunt Coordinator

watched this one about half a dozen times so far on my Sony DVPS330 and no problems whatsoever...

8. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I'm sorry to dredge up this old topic, but a friend of mine has had a problem similar to what is described in this thread. Here it is in his own words, from the e-mail he sent me:

9. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

For what it's worth, it plays fine on the Panasonic RV80.