What's new

NYT confirms upcoming Disney Platinum titles coming to Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
If Fantasia does not have the option to hear Deems Taylor's voice (besides the lost audio parts) or the uncut Pastoral segment, it's going to be difficult to want this. Fantasia is on my top list of BluRays I'd like, but it needs to be the original uncut version for real. Slap a disclaimer on it, have branching, etc. Just don't put "Original and Uncut" on the cover while re-dubbing Taylor, cutting out footage, and cropping shots. It was dishonest in 2000, it'll be dishonest in 2009/2010.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Thanks, I did a web search and already found it. Don't have Itunes. Not going to install it. I probablly won't see it until it shows up on some BD animation compilation. It's only a matter of time.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I'd be perfectly happy if they reinstated the "offending" scenes by way of seamless branching; that way, we keep the PC forces happy, and the footage is still available for those who want to see it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Didn't Disney also intimate that Pixar's FINDING NEMO is slated for a 2009 release on Blu-ray? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

It should be improved dramatically indeed. The colors were all wrong in the dvd, I hope they fix that for the Blu-Ray.
And of course Fantasia needs to be uncut, that goes without saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks