number on profile ?

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Feedback' started by jimmyjet, Jun 26, 2013.

1. jimmyjet

jimmyjet Producer

i wasnt sure which forum this question was best suited for ?

but i noticed a number is attached to each profile, that does not seem to be based upon the number of posts ?

just curious as to what it is, and how it gets assigned ?

2. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Where do you see this number? Can you give an example, ANY KIND of description? It would be helpful to give such information.

You can imagine a database such as this is quite complex.

3. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Are you referring to the number in this link tied to your profile: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/user/360884-jimmyjet/ ? How number 360884 is tied to your profile? Its just a database key that references your profile. Just about everything has one. If you look at the URL for this link in your address bar you will see a number there: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/324683-number-on-profile/ essentially the same thing. While I don't think they are random, it probably has to do with order things were imported into the database when we migrated here and the order things have been created since we are here. In short it means absolutely nothing. :D

4. jimmyjet

jimmyjet Producer

hi adam,

you already helped me with this by email - you said it corresponds to the number of "likes" that you get.

i just happened to notice it one day - i think i went to my profile for some reason.