What's new

Numb3rs season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Loved the line about "You do think they just forgot about us?" in the stakeout van.

Charlie's going to lose Amita if he keeps putting her as a second priority over Don's cases.

Larry and Megan are sort of cute together.

Given her age, Kim Dickens still looks pretty good.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, just to bump this thread from the dead letter office. Is nobody interested or has everybody given up on this show? Either the premise of the show or the stories themselves haven't seemed to grow on me and honestly other than the scenes with Peter McNichol or Judd I don't seem to be terribly engaged (the Megan/Larry stuff is just funny).

The Judd Hirsch moment at the end of the show last night I though was pretty neat inside joke.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I agree. It was nice to hear that familiar theme song. :)

As for the show, I still watch it. I really like the premise, but it seems they are leaning more toward a typical crime drama lately. Like we really need another one of those. :frowning:

I like it better when they focus on the mathematics. I guess not everyone can follow the math stuff (me included) but I love the aspect that crimes can be solved (or helped solved) by statistics/formulas/database searches. This aspect is what made the show different enough for me to actually want to watch it. I usually shy away from the crime/cop/lawyer clones.

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
Is it me, or is Diane Farr starting to show? They seem to be hiding Megan behind coats and desks and lamps a lot. I'm guessing they are not writing the real life pregnancy into the show.

My folks were complaining last night that there are't enough female cast members (and that females are being underutilized on the show). Of course, they were pleasantly surprised to see the preview for next week and Kathy Najimy being involved.

I'm still waiting for a Vigo the Carpathian joke, though. :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Is there really a statistical model to determine steroid use in baseball players via their stats? Yowza!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I thought Farr was starting to plump a little a couple weeks back.

And no there isn't really a model to predict steroid use other than the obvious massive jump in performance out of line with past performace. There just aren't many struggling 27yo in low minors who all of a sudden become consistent All Stars. An occasional fluke season might be expected, but general returning to the mean is a part of baseball just like most performance sports.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Well the season finale for season 3 was easily one of the best finales this year, and definately one of the best episodes of the series. Tons of math, some good brother moments, and a cool story. This show is so great, yet the forum is pretty quiet on it.

Nice to see a show is able to deliver a strong finale in only 1 hour, and doesn't need to resort to some edge of your seat cliffhanger to do so.

The Siegfried Sassoon poem at the end was a nice touch, too.

Can't wait for season four.

cheers!

Josh

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I agree it was impressive finale. One of the most unexpected traitor twists I've seen since the closing scenes of "No Way Out"

I missed a few episodes mid season, did Larry come back from the Shuttle and did something happen with his relationship with Megan? I didn't think i had missed much, but several of her comments last night had me very confused.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Larry did indeed come back a few episodes ago, though he was a changed man from his shuttle experience. He is currently playing it low-key at a monestary a few minutes from the school. I assume 24 was keeping him busy, so even upon his return his role was limited.

They didn't touch on the relationship between him and Megan, other than that note mention in the finale, so we are to assume that everything is normal, or at least as normal as it can be between those two.

The show is implying that Megan's work for the DOJ taskforce has left her jaded and burned out, and from what I read online, season 4 is going to go into more detail on this, and on the traitor aspect.

Perhaps it'll turn out he was actually an american spy, pretending to be a spy for the chinese, since the show referenced double and triple agents a few times.

cheers!

Josh

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping we would find out what Megan was doing while she was away that shook her up. I wonder if she was working at Guantanamo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks