What's new

Numb3rs ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Season 2 is in talks, and we probably won't know anything until CBS does it upfronts on May 18. With the ratings it has been getting, I don't see why it won't be renewed.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
"Dirty Bomb"

This episode was a lot more tense. Great suspense and use of mathematics.

Way to go, DAD!
(But I was expecting Don to scold Charlie and the Prof for taking it out of "the room" even if Dad did help. I liked Charlie's self-abuse for not getting the right "answer" meaning I liked seeing that side of him. Shows some of his true personality.)

Loved the class lesson for the three criminals! The explanation about talking and getting them together was great.

Next week: Another controversial episode with religion as its foundation?

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
"Sacrifice"

My spoiler prediction last week was wrong but I'm glad it was wrong. What an interesting concept tonight: Being able to predict success rates based on certain statistics from ordinary folks (e.g., GPAs). I liked how the truth was revealed slowly after some dead ends (baseball, divorce).

And man ... being able to "see" what's on an LCD screen via a special antennae, bypassing any software security. Spooky.

I loved the dialogue at the end between Scott (Joseph Gordon-Leavitt, who's all grown up) and Charlie about Charlie's work for the NSA. "The next time you ask how I can live with myself, look in the mirror and ask yourself that question." Made Charlie question his purpose for a moment, which resulted in a nice scene at the end with Dr. Fleinhardt.

Dad and Terry get one minute of screen time in this episode. Not much in the way of family characterization this time.

It's a little annoying to hear Don keep saying, "Yeah?" "Oh Yeah?" "No?" after someone says something to him. I wonder if that's in the script or just Rob's personal habit?

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am starting to really get into this show now. Last night's episode was pretty good. It kept me guessing. I will admit tho, that from the first scene with Scott, I thought he "did it". He just looked guilty.

I am not sure how realistic last night premise was. It does make you think, but I doubt something this blatantly wrong would every happen.

But then again I am nieve.

I will admit that I only started watching this show because of the fact that Sabrina is in it But I find I am actually starting to like it more and more.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
5/13/05

It was an okay season finale. The math used wasn't as significant to solve the crime (mainly to pinpoint in what area the criminal might be) but provided a great scene in Charlie's lecture (with Dad and Don present) using probability. The case was cut-and-dry. Find an escaped convict on death row.

Dad getting on Don's case was a nice change and I was hoping there would be more tension between Don and his old partner from Fugitive Recovery (was that the name?).

Charlie almost hitting it off with the beautiful policewoman (what happened to his grad student?).

Don's partner seems to be solid now. No sight of Terry (she was in limited use last week, too). Are producers trying to slowly slide (ha ha) her out of the picture altogether? Will she be back next season?

Hopefully the writing will be stronger next season and flesh out the characters a bit more.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
She wasn't in "limited use" the week before, she wasn't in it either!

Someone at TV Tome reported that Sabrina Lloyd left the show for reasons unknown to us although it mentions there that she utilized her contract opt-out clause. It's possible that she'll be starring in a comedy.
-

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
According to "Ask Ausiello" from TV Guide Online (May 25, 2005), he has some interesting things to say about Sabrina Lloyd exiting the show, her character, and other characters entering the show (scroll down a bit):

http://www.tvguide.com/news/askausiello/050525.asp

He even thinks there's something more regarding her exit. Ooh, go get 'em! Find the truth!
-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks