What's new

Now Voyager Clean-Up (1 Viewer)

Barrie Maxwell

Stunt Coordinator
Those eagerly awaiting WB's release of Now Voyager in November may be interested in the following information. In an interview by The Big Picture of John Lowry of Lowry Digital Associates, Lowry mentions that Now Voyager received the same sort of digital clean-up accorded WB's release of North by Northwest. Here's the link for the interview:
http://www.thebigpicturedvd.com/bigreport11.shtml
This certainly bodes well for what is one of Bette Davis' key pictures.
Barrie
------------------

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a little surprised that folks on the forum haven't raved about how great Now, Voyager looks on DVD. Well, let me:
Using the word "incredible" to describe this DVD is a bit of an understatement. I've watched it twice since getting it on Tuesday, and there are no blemishes to be found. I'm not kidding. No dust, no speckles, nothing. The restoration certainly paid off! There are some "modern-day" titles that should look this good. The black and white photography is wonderful.
If there's a downside to the disc, it's that the volume level is a little low. At least there's no distortion or hiss when you crank the audio.
I have a feeling that this might be something of a "test" for classic movies on DVD. If true, anyone who is even mildly interested in this movie should buy, buy, buy!!!

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
You're also going to be blown away by LITTLE WOMEN when you see it!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Also, I've praised Warner in this thread in the Studio Feedback section. It's too bad that more members don't reply to similar threads like this one as well as the others linked in this thread. Recently, I've become more disenchanted with HTF membership response than the studio output of classic films on dvd. Maybe, that's just a symptom as to why the studios don't produce more of them on dvd. If hardcore film buffs that frequent forums like this one don't buy these classic film dvds and/or give feedback on the quality of the releases then I can see why the release output of these dvds are not to the level that some of us would like it to be........ We have to carry the message forward to the studios as well as the mass market whether they be acquaintances, friends, or family.
By the way, both "Now Voyager" and "Little Women" dvds look superb! As far as I'm concern Warner has done an excellent job. I know some have a problem with the audio soundtrack of the "Now Voyager" dvd but I didn't really noticed that defect when watching the dvd, however, I'm still very pleased with the dvd presentation.
Crawdaddy
------------------
Peter Staddon: "I didn't say you can put 'Monkeybone' back!"

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
Simply stated, NOW, VOYAGER and LITTLE WOMEN are masterpieces! Warner has done an exquisite job of making both these great classics look sensational, and they are beautifully packaged (even despite the snapper). Another delightful extra, is that both DVDs contain original Max Steiner pre-recording scoring session music. What a treat!
I concur with the others posting here, that the members of this forum who want more classics on DVD should support Warner Bros.' supreme efforts here.

Lee Bombard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee
I've purchased both of these titles...They look fantastic...I'm ready for more!
Bring on the Classics!
Regards,
Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks