Novice Anime Discussion Part I

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Rob Lutter, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Kong Chang

Kong Chang Screenwriter

Wow, this thread comes back from the grave!!!!

Hi Matt and welcome to anime. I think we have collectively let go of this thread and allowed everything to enter the other anime thread.

However, if you want to know....

I recommend Serial Experiment Lain for a good mindf**k or better yet Boogiepop Phantom for an all out mindf**k. May want to take a look into Texhnolyze and Paranoia Agent as well.

2. Matt_M

Matt_M Stunt Coordinator

Ok will do [​IMG] Already ordered Paranoia agent now I just have to wait for the box set release date.
    Texhnolyze looks nice thanks Kong. BTW any idea how many volumes there will be? Probably a box set in the future I imagine as well.

3. Kong Chang

Kong Chang Screenwriter

Texhnolyze should already have a boxset, no? Paranoia Agent will be having one soon. Everything else is already available in boxset form.

4. Matt_M

Matt_M Stunt Coordinator

Yeah Paranoia Agent has one coming out next month. I love Satoshi Kohn's other stuff so can't wait for this one. It seems Texhnolyze has 6 volumes out but not as a box set. Soon then perhaps.

5. Kong Chang

Kong Chang Screenwriter

Funny, since Texhnolyze was released before Paranoia Agent. >.>

Satoshi Kon's stuff is always cool to watch.

I believe he has something new in the works. Can't wait for it.

6. James D

James D Second Unit

A Texhnolyze box should be announced soon. Geneon has just announced a box set for Gungrave and ROD the TV for July, so they seem to be releasing all of their completed series in box sets.[​IMG]

7. Kong Chang

Kong Chang Screenwriter

Just don't expect a discounted pricing. LoL. Geneon/Pioneer never discounts their MSRP.

8. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

Has anyone watched Blame? I picked up and watched the first disk, it sounded interesting and the price was decent. I felt lost throughout....

THoughts?

9. Kong Chang

Kong Chang Screenwriter

Blame! is a cyber-punk manga turned anime. It is confusing in the fact that it is mostly action and very little dialogue (even the manga can attest to that, you get like 1 dialogue every 10-20 pages).

Not sure how the anime fared....the manga is really nicely drawn though and the story is really simple.