What's new

International Not cheap, but here comes CURSE/NIGHT OF THE DEMON from France! (1 Viewer)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I don't want everything cheap, but I'm not paying that stupid price. Also, I'm being asked to buy a lot of things I don't want, I already have it on DVD, & I don't want Curse, as it's just a cut-down version of the full movie (Night), & who wants a cut-down version of any movie?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I imagine you get the uncut British version and the edited American version, same as the DVD. I won't be spending close to $50 for this movie, even though I like it.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
bgart13 said:
Who said it was going to be cut down?
Night Of The Demon is 95m long. It seems that Columbia cut it down to 83m & renamed it Curse Of The Demon for its US release, & released it on a double-bill with Hammer's Revenge Of Frankenstein (a great double-bill!). I don't mind the short version as an extra, but I don't want to pay for it, as I'm never going to watch it (you don't want to lose so much as a scene from this little gem of a film). I can understand them adding a few bob for a cult movie, but it looks like they're being a wee bit greedy.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The UK release, as stated on the Amazon UK page, will include both versions. Further, the price could well go down as the release date approaches, which is so often true on Amazon sites.

As for any Region 1 release, I am hoping that Mill Creek might get a hold of this and at least duplicate the R2 edition. Their Columbia titles so far have looked excellent, and for an amazing price.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Dick said:
The UK release, as stated on the Amazon UK page, will include both versions. Further, the price could well go down as the release date approaches, which is so often true on Amazon sites.

As for any Region 1 release, I am hoping that Mill Creek might get a hold of this and at least duplicate the R2 edition. Their Columbia titles so far have looked excellent, and for an amazing price.
John Hodson said:
...because it's not being released on Blu in the UK. Only France thus far.
Yes, but Dick said it had a page on Amazon UK.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Johnny Angell said:
Yes, but Dick said it had a page on Amazon UK.
I must admit that I don't know what that means. I can't find anything about a Night Of The Demon Blu-ray on Amazon UK. But I'm in no rush, it will get a Blu release sometime, maybe in Germany before the UK, & I will end up buying it for a fair price.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Billy Batson said:
I must admit that I don't know what that means. I can't find anything about a Night Of The Demon Blu-ray on Amazon UK. But I'm in no rush, it will get a Blu release sometime, maybe in Germany before the UK, & I will end up buying it for a fair price.
Had a look myself, all i see is Night Of The Demons and that is not the same film.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Sorry, everyone. I misspoke. It is only available in France (so far), as I originally said in my header. Hopefully the price will drop as the release date nears.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.