What's new

Not Another Teen Movie (Unrated Director's Cut) - July 26th, 2005 (1 Viewer)

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa103.html#ton

The DVD that's out right now is excellent, but I'll be buying this new one too. I guess they'll be taking the deleted scenes on the existing disc and editing them back into the film? I wonder if it will include any new footage that's not on the current disc at all? Regardless, I think this film is a 10 on the laugh-o-meter. There are so many gags you really have to keep focused to catch them all. The "Breakfast Club" scene is hilarious.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Hmmm...this could be interesting, but it would suck if they just edited the deleted scenes back in the movie. I'm hoping for some new unseen footage.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I suspect that is probably going to be what it is, the current disc has a pretty extensive collection of deleted scenes (including some that contain extra nudity which is probably where the "unrated" will come in.) But we'll see. I'm sure, as far as I'm concerned, that it probably won't merit a double dip.

Frankly, I'm surpried the "Love Me!!" part got past the MPAA as you can definately catch a glimpse of the girl's "organs" if you look close enough. I think somebody even alluded to it in one of the commentaries.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Jeez, how much raunchier can this film get!? :)

I'm a huge supporter of this film, most people call it pure trash, however that couldn't be further from the truth. It's packed to the gills with countless jokes and referrances to past films and it takes many viewings to catch them all!

The film is actually brilliant comedy in this respect. I'm on it when this comes out.

BTW, whatever happened to Chyler Liegh? She was so hot in this film.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

The film has some very funny comedy but it also has stupid stuff in it like the toilet scene. Definitely worth at least one viewing.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Not if you want to catch every single solitary joke that is scattered throughout the film. Everytime i've watch it I noticed something or caught on to something I hadn't before.

The film is a virtual decathlon of 80's and 90's teen movie pop culture that just hurdles along from one joke to the next, challenging even the most astute of film fans.

Yeah, the toilet scene is gross, but I still laughed in spite of myself. :)

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
I thought this film was hilarious.

" I love following Janey to the mall and those little hairballs "

What can I say, im easily amused.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
"All I said was 'I'm pretending to whisper a big secret in your ear so that Jake here thinks I'm telling you a big secret, which will cause him to break into a hysterical confession where he actually reveals a big secret. Thus confirming everything I just whispered in your ear.'"

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I think I'll wait for the WOM on this to see if it's just studio marketing or if it's really worth a gander.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

Oh yeah! :emoji_thumbsup: Lacey's the main reason I saw Mean Girls three times in the theater. Of course, the other four ladies (Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams, Amanda Seyfried, and Lizzy Caplan) definitely helped too. I even bought the official Mean Girls poster, had it framed, and hanged it on my bedroom wall - along with several 8x10 photos of Lacey and Mean Girls images that I printed from the internet. It's amazing how much Lacey Chabert looked like Jennifer Love Hewitt (whom I also love :D ) in Not Another Teen Movie. They could definitely pass for sisters.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
and in that pic. you and i have similar tastes.

unfortunately, i'm old enough to be their dad.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
If I recall, the current version has quite a large number of deleted scenes. I'll also wait for WOM on this one, if the extra footage is new (and funny), I'll buy it at some point. If they are just inserting deleted scenes, then forget it. Some of them were pretty good, but just fine as a supplement and not part of the movie.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=57189

What I don't get is how the old commentary can be included with the new cut.

Either there will be complete silence for those 11 minutes or they already had this cut when they recorded the commentary and edited it for the first release - like Fox did for 'Club Dread'.

DVDTimes also mentions that the old deleted scenes will be on the new DVD, which should mean that the new footage will not consist of those scenes.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

That would be awesome. I'll be buying it regardless though. I love the film enough and even if it is just the deleted scenes on the current disc edited back in, it will be worth it for me just to have the option to watch the film with those scenes added back in. Hopefully, it will be 11 minutes of all-new (never before seen) footage though. I'm wondering why it took so long to get an unrated edition of this. The current disc was released over 3 years ago, in late April 2002. 3 years!?!?! You're right about that commentary track. If they are indeed using the old commentary on this new unrated cut either they had the unrated cut & commentary recorded in 2001-2002 and simply edited it for the R-rated Theatrical DVD or there will be silence for those 11 minutes.

StevenJ

Stunt Coordinator
I think this is just plain stupid! It seems that every movie out there that was R or PG-13 in the theaters is now getting an unrated version. It's getting kind of annoying!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
So Scott, I guess you're a Lacey Chabert fan? :)

This was just on Comedy Central again the other day. It stands up to repeat viewing, especially for those of us who remember all the older films that it spoofs. :) I will definitely be reviewing this one (assuming I can get a screener)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks