What's new

northern lights in South Carolina (1 Viewer)

Harry W

Stunt Coordinator
Damn Missed um
furious.gif

------------------
HEW,JR

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
I missed them too!
A friend was driving to Dallas from Omaha and saw them as he was driving through Kansas. He said it was the most incredible thing he has ever seen in the sky.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
you shoulda seen em from up north last night, pretty cool. Thought it was a cloud bank until I noticed it was green and moving :)
they're SUPER SUPER cool from the air at night, get above the haze layer and city lights and they're really brilliant

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Damn I missed them too! I have only seen them once, but that was from a 747 at 40,000 ft over Canada so it was a really, really good view. Would liked to have seen them again last night though.
------------------
-- Will Work for Five Million Dollars

Dan B

Screenwriter
I've seen some beautiful northern lights before, but on Monday I saw the best ever. I was driving to Best Buy
tongue.gif
and was crossing a river when they caught my eye and I had to pull over. There were red streaks in the sky! I've seen the green and purple ones before, but the sky was red! It was really incredible. There was a bright orange moon that night, so perhaps that had something to do with it. (I've never heard of red northern lights before)
I sure wish I'd had a camera with me that night. Ah well...just wanted to share.
-Dan B. (USA)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I saw them once in Saskatchewan in the middle of the night on my bands first X-country tour. I had to wake everyone up and we pulled over and watched them in the freezing cold for half an hour. It was truly awesome.
------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Janna S

Second Unit
The lights were great up north here, too. But we get them very frequently. It's great to have them show up so far south once in a while!
Here is a photo of my cabin with northern lights taken last winter (no CGI). These lights were green with deep purplish-red streaks, but the red doesn't come through too well on this photo.
http://images.freepichosting.com/200...48-53-3464.jpg

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Janna,
That is an awesome pic! I've seen the lights as well, but never that brilliant or animated. They truly are a gift of nature, better than any film I've ever seen.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Wow Janna, that looks like something straight out of the X-files... Awesome pic. On like Day 2 of the Alaska Ride, Ev woke me up at 2am and I kind of groggaly crept out of my warm sleeping bag ready to bash her head in until I remembered that I told her to wake me up if she saw them. So I relented and crawled out of my warm tent with just my glasses which I can hardly see anything with them anyway and saw the lights. They weren't as green as your pic, but they were pretty cool. And then I got real cold and crawled back into my warm tent. :)
...and for some reason, your cabin looks like a carved pumpkin!!
laugh.gif

Jay

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I was told about 8 hours too late to see.
I can sit out for hours watching them.
Brent L
I usually see them a couple imes a summer.
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks