Noob here..which room should I put my TV in?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by SweetFish, May 15, 2013.

1. SweetFish

SweetFish New User

Marc
    Hi all, I am currently in the process of building a new home and have been flip flopping over where to put the TV on the main floor. We have a large open Kitchen/Family which seems like the logical place for a TV however I really dont like the idea of having to mount the TV over the fireplace. I hate having to look up to watch and it also seems to complicate the speaker placement. Im thinking of putting the TV in the living room which is a smaller space but, in my unprofessional opinion, is more conducive to a solid home theater setup. My wife has confers about the "TV Room" being one of the first rooms you see when you walk into the house. I think the TV over the fireplace with speakers takes away from the elegance of a nice entertaining area. The living room is mostly open to the family room. I tried uploading a floorplan but was unable to because of storage limits..I assume thats because I'm a new member. Your opinions are appreciated as I need to make a decision on this very soon.

Heres a link to the floorplan layout.