What's new

Noir (Anime) (1 Viewer)

Eric F

Screenwriter
I just picked up Vol 1&2 and must say I'm quite impressed. I didn't have high expectations, but this is definitely some of the best Anime I've seen recently.

It's a well written show, smart and doesn't pull any punches. The art is very good, the transfer is about the best I've seen- anamorphic. The dub is excellent, which surprised me too- unfortunately this is a rare occurance.

Any thoughts?

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
*yawn*

What a boring series this turned out to be. The only saving grace is Chloe.

This series can definitely be trimmed down to 13 eps (from 26 eps).

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It sounds like the reaction to the show is either like Eric's or like Kong. People either love it or hate it.

So far, I'm enjoying it, tho I just have the first disc. A little to heavy on the flashback device, and I can see how the watch theme can get on people's nerves after a while, but I'm quite enjoying this.

Jason

Eric F

Screenwriter
Kong, you saw the entire series already? Is that the English version?

I find the English version well done- there isn't alot of action here, it's very contemplative. Usually I'll watch the subbed version first, but since the voice acting is very low-key I find the English version worth watching. That and the fact some of the subbed translation was incomprehensible.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Trust me, it drags and drags and drags in the middle of the series. The only saving grace was Chloe.

Most of the time it's like, hey, look who we can kill in this episode, oh, and another flashback sequence with Mireille and oh look more flashback music we can tag on to it, and pop bang kill another bounty..and another bounty...oh, more bounties...wow, let's kill some more.

Saving graces are 1) Chloe, 2) Soldat (When Mireille and Kirika find more info behind all this nonsense), and 3) the operatic music used during the shoot-outs, that's still my favorite piece of music (albeit overused in every shoot-out in every episode...not as much as that flashback music...ugh, irritating and grating).

Overall, it can be edited down to a tighter 13 episodes, sans repetitive music and flashbacks and less bounty killings and shoot outs and have them concentrate on the meat of the story. Way too much filler for such a series like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks