What's new

Noah (2014) - quick review (1 Viewer)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Sorry for the late reply. Well, since the film is not very "colorful" (blame the Bible! ;) ) nor have that much "pop out" (not saying that it doesn't have any, though) I assume that some people might not be that impressed. But I enjoyed it. Nice boost for a powerful film. It's a bit hard to explain actually, but with some 3D films I actually feel that less pop out is actually better. Perhaps with films like Noah.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the 3D version, Jari. If it comes out on BD somewhere that's not region-locked and too hard to find, I might give it a look.

I can see how depth could be used to heighten both the sense of flooding, as well as the claustrophobia inside the ark.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I rented Noah last night. I'd read the reviews and had low expectations, but it was so much much worse than that! Noah committed Cinematic Original Sin: it was boring.I was ready to to stop watching 45 min in, and it keep going and going, a two and half hour movie! There's a phenomenon in public speaking where the practiced speaker can communicate much in a few minutes, while the ad lib will ramble on and on and still say nothing. Noah was the latter, undisciplined, a bloated movie length to no benefit.What was it? A character drama? No, there were no characters, just cardboard actors with few lines and no personality development. Maybe it was a LOTR ripoff! with Ent-like rock monsters warring against computer-generated mobs? No, that was just two scenes, not fitting the inactive tone of the rest of the affair. Maybe it was an environmental cautionary tale? Not with all the religious trappings. Or was it a faith-based movie? Perhaps, but it had little to do with the Noah story I heard at church; though maybe I slept through the parts of Methusalah leveling up his Vorpol staff.What an surprisingly dreary, ugly, tedious movie. The press campaign and interviews were all quite interesting. It's a pity the intriguing, thoughtful movie they described didn't get made.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks