What's new

No video while connecting Yamaha YHT196 with vaio laptop (1 Viewer)

Daywalker

Auditioning
Real Name
Harvinder
Hi All,

New to this forum, bought a new yamaha yht 196, while connecting it with my laptop(vaio e series) it only plays sound but there is no video on my LCD monitor. laptop screen goes blank and then flickers for sometime but the dell monitor display remains blank.

Connectivity media: Connected laptop with HTIB through HDMI cable. Dell monitor connected using HDMI cable (dvi to hdmi adapter), no hdmi port on dell monitor :(

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I also have a Vaio laptop, did you go into the control panel/hardware and sound and select display and connect to an external display, you can ask it to detect, if it doesn't detect the display try the connect to a projector option.

Daywalker

Auditioning
Real Name
Harvinder
Schan thnx for replyingProblem is divided in 2 scenario 1st it plays only audio and detects hdmi source on laptop but no video on dell monitor2nd there is video on screen but laptop won't detetct hdmi in playback sources on laptop. When you reseat the hdmi cable video will also be gonei guess....dell monitor is dvi d with no spdif port

Daywalker

Auditioning
Real Name
Harvinder
FoxyGetting video is not a problem. Getting both video and audio really is. When video is there hdmi sound is disabled in playback devices

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Daywalker said:
FoxyGetting video is not a problem. Getting both video and audio really is. When video is there hdmi sound is disabled in playback devices
I think DVI is the issue, it doesn't carry sound.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
DVI is not the problem and is irrelevant to the problem of audio. His Yamaha is doing the audio. Not the Dell, ergo...DVI is not, at all, the problem.Again. Was the Dell monitor unplugged from the wall when you added the Yamaha? Yes or no?Next. When you connected the Vaio to the Yamaha the first time, was it powered down? Yes or no?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
schan1269 said:
DVI is not the problem and is irrelevant to the problem of audio.His Yamaha is doing the audio. Not the Dell, ergo...DVI is not, at all, the problem.Again. Was the Dell monitor unplugged from the wall when you added the Yamaha? Yes or no?Next. When you connected the Vaio to the Yamaha the first time, was it powered down? Yes or no?
Yah you are right, i read first post again, i forgot about the HTIB.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
In case he comes back.I'll guess the answer to both questions is "no".To correct this...1. Turn everything thing off. Power down the Vaio.2. Unplug the Dell and Yamaha.3. Remove the two HDMI from the Yamaha.4. Go have lunch. Make it take 20-30 minutes.5. Reconnect the two HDMI to the Yamaha. 6. Plug the Dell and Yamaha into the wall.7. Turn on the Yamaha. 8. Turn on the Dell.9. Power on the Vaio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks