What's new

No surround sound from Blu Ray Player to soundbar (1 Viewer)

val49ers01

Auditioning
Real Name
Valerie
I just purchased a Samsung 60" LED Television and the Samsung Soundbar 2.1 home theater (Crystal Surround Air track). The surround sound works fine when watching the TV however when we watch a movie through the Blu Ray player it does not work. I have a Philips Blu Ray player and It has an HDMI outlet which we have connected to the TV. . It also has a LAN outlet and a Coaxial outlet. How and what do we need to get our Blu Ray movies to come through the soundbar? HELP PLEASE:confused:

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Anything connected to the TV, that is then sent out for audio....is dumbed down to 2.0. So it is working exactly correct...for your connection.
If you want 2.1 "fake surround", you need to run the video to the TV and the audio straight to the soundbar.
There are hundreds of threads here explaining this.
Edit:
Would be helpful to have the model number of this soundbar to know what other connections it has.

val49ers01

Auditioning
Real Name
Valerie
Thanks for the response. I have a Samsung Soundbar Crystal Surround Air Track 2.1 HW-E450. I just purchased this from Best Buy last week...

val49ers01

Auditioning
Real Name
Valerie
I have the HDMI connection from the Blu Ray to the TV and the Soundbar in connected to the TV.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
val49ers01 said:
I have the HDMI connection from the Blu Ray to the TV and the Soundbar in connected to the TV.
Which results in 2.0 PCM to your soundbar. Read the owners manual of the TV. It tells you all "incoming inputs are sent out 2.0 PCM", period.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What you should do, and it is probably explained in the owners manual of the soundbar to do this...
BD -> soundbar -> TV. Your soundbar has an HDMI input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks