What's new

No sound using coaxial cable (1 Viewer)

dstrad

Auditioning
Real Name
DeLon
Hello, I just purchased a new flat panel TV and I having a difficult time trying to connect it to my home theater system. Here are my connection: Cable (DVR) box >>> TV, via HDMI TV >>> HTS, via coaxial cable (the TV has coaxial out, the HTS has coaxial in) The connections are very simple but I've been searching through the settings and can't seem to figure it out. The only thing that's working for me is to run RCA cables directly from the cable box to the HTS. The problems here are: - It's not true digital sound - I can't use the TV's built in USB to play music from a flash drive (I could, but I won't hear it through the HTS). Is anyone farmiliar with this issue? Here are my model #'s: TV: Philips model# 50pfl3807/f7 Home Theater System: Panasonic Model# sa-ht40 Thanks

dstrad

Auditioning
Real Name
DeLon
Sorry. Not sure what u mean by 5.1. I bought the HTS about 7 years ago. So im sure there are better options now. I'm just working with what i've got. I figured it out though. (I must've skipped that page in the manual). I had to actually hold down the menu button until the settings appeared, Then scroll through until digital input. It's working great now. Thanks for the reply.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What I mean is... Your STB should be directly connected to the AVR...the DD is dumbed down to PCM HDMI -> Audio output. You can leave the USB connected for the TV...but to get 5.1 you need a STB direct connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks