What's new

No sound through receiver, but get picture/video (1 Viewer)

haiiyaa

Auditioning
Real Name
Poorav
Hi,
I am not able to get any sound through my Teac AG-D2000 receiver, when the cable box is connected through it using HDMI.
So the connection is, my cable box is connected via HDMI to my Teac receiver into the HDMI DTV/CBL input. The HDMI monitor out connects to the TV. I don't get any sound through the speakers connected to the receiver. However, I do get sound through the TV, which I find strange. On the receiver I set the the input to Digital and that didn't help either.
Any ideas on what I am missing?

gartronics

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garry
Sounds to me like the cable box is outputting a signal that the receiver can't decode and is just passing it to the tv which can decode the signal. I would suggest looking at audio output settings in the menu of the cable box and play with the different settings until you find one that the receiver will decode. If that don't work you may have to use the analog audio ports on the cable box to hook up the receiver. Hope this helps you.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I think that teac model is a video switcher only through hdmi. It doesn't decode audio via hdmi. You have to use the optical connection (or analog) for audio.

haiiyaa

Auditioning
Real Name
Poorav
gene c said:
I think that teac model is a video switcher only through hdmi. It doesn't decode audio via hdmi. You have to use the optical connection (or analog) for audio.
I do get sound through the cd/tape hdmi input, and the optical cable input is only available for the cd/tape, so unfortunately seems like I am stuck here.
gartronics said:
Sounds to me like the cable box is outputting a signal that the receiver can't decode and is just passing it to the tv which can decode the signal. I would suggest looking at audio output settings in the menu of the cable box and play with the different settings until you find one that the receiver will decode. If that don't work you may have to use the analog audio ports on the cable box to hook up the receiver. Hope this helps you.
I'll check to see if there are any sound options available on the cable box, but I highly doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks