What's new

no sound in x-box game (1 Viewer)

Stefan A

Second Unit
Total elation to complete disapointment:
I went into a Target this afternoon just to see if by chance they had an x-box. They actually had 2 behind the locked glass. So, I bought it. Also bought the HD connection pack and a fiber optic cable. Get home, hook it up, go through the initial set-up screens, and pop in Oddworld. Looks great, but no sound. There was sound during the entire set-up procedure. Called tech support (very easy), and the guy told me to put in a regular cd. Sure enough it played fine. But, the game still would not produce sound. The guy has no idea why it won't work. 2 options - take the console back and get a new one(yeah right), or send it in for repair. So, option #2 is the only way. This sucks
frown.gif
Now I know what it is like when guys get a new HDTV or a receiver and it's DOA.
------------------
Stefan Antwarg
My DVD Collection
The Regal Brass Quintet Not HT related

David_LM

Stunt Coordinator
I would exchange the game first before exchanging the console. Once or twice in the past I have had games that were defective and had to be returned.

Stefan A

Second Unit
Actually, I should have mentioned in my first post that I did do that. Still doesn't work. Thanks anyway.
Stefan

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Just thought I would add: this has definitely happened to me in the past too. Specifically with optical audio on the ps2. Some games are defective and simply do not play through optical audio (sky oddysey, anyone?), and yet sound comes out via RCA.
The best bet is to buy a connector that supports s-video AND composite, on the same jack, so that you can move from your default (albeit superior) optical sound to one that's compatible with the game, and not sacrifice video quality.
-j

Stefan A

Second Unit
I have tried the composite/analoge connections that come with the console. Same results. Thanks.
Stefan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks