What's new

No sound from TV (1 Viewer)

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
If you're not using the subwoofer that came with the unit, it's not too surprising that the sound is less than ideal. Many all-in-one systems are designed specifically to be used with the speakers that are included.

This is usually due to low impedance of the speakers (3 or 4 ohms). In your case, the speakers (and passive subwoofer) that came with it are 6 ohm models. This is better than being 3 or 4 ohms, but most speakers that you buy separately are 8 ohm models.

What make and model subwoofer are you using? What is its impedance?

You can try boosting the subwoofer level following the instructions on page 26 of the manual, but other than that, there's likely not much you can do to improve the quality short of considering updating the system.

Glad to hear things are working better!

Real Name
Roy Rogers
Thanks Jason Yes things are 1000 times better, yes i have the sub at the lowest level, it is Electrohome i bought it at a second hand store, so i have to buy a sub that is meant for my Panasonic ?

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Trying to find a replacement sub for that system could be tricky - I would try adjusting the level first to see if you can improve performance. If you're really not satisfied, then you can consider finding a replacement.

If that's the case, I would suggest starting a new thread over the speakers section of this forum (have a budget in mind when you post). There are some very knowledgeable folks there who can help point you in the right direction for finding something that will work with this system.

The receiver outputs ~150 W @ 6 ohms. The subwoofer that came with the system was a 200W model with a 6.75" driver.

Even if you were to replace the sub, I wouldn't pin your hopes on getting a massive improvement in performance. It would be better, but it's only one piece of a system, so just keep that in mind.

Real Name
Roy Rogers
I think the model up 95 came with a sub, i have found one on Kijiji just waiting hear back, would placement of the speaker be causing a issue

Real Name
Roy Rogers
My brother just gave me two Energy bookshelf speakers i will see if they work better, the sub is working just too loud

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks