What's new

No sound from tv to homecinema (2 Viewers)

s4ever

Auditioning
Real Name
sadicu
HI Gene.
The cable it's transferring light..its red at the end where i plug it in HC, so the tv seems to be working just as i thought...
Now there is a small thing that in the tv when i plug it in it makes a click, sign that its proper inserted but that is not the same for the HomeCinema its like barely hanging...its not out but its not making that click either...ive heard that this is normal...however i have done all my testing with one hand on the cable keeping it inserted as it should be...
So if i rulled out that output now i need to check the input of the HC...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Have you swapped ends of the cable?
Maybe the "supposed to click" of the cable is broken...
Also this Philips, does it have a "trap door" covering or a pull out tab?

s4ever

Auditioning
Real Name
sadicu
No trap door just a pull out tab to cover the hole when notthing is inserted so it has no role if something is plugged in ...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I was asking for an obvious(now it will be) reason...
This cable doesn't "snap" in there...
Does the tab snap in there? Or are both just "sitting" in there?
Cause if the tab snaps in, but the cable doesn't...get a new cable.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Also going to ask(cause I don't feel like scrolling to see if it was already asked)...
Was there a piece of plastic covering the tip of the cable that you removed?
Or you didn't know there was a plastic tip cover and it is still there....preventing the click?
Or was it a cable you've had laying in a drawer for years?
???
(sometimes the simplest problem is just a bad cable...even if new)

s4ever

Auditioning
Real Name
sadicu
Its a brand new and expensive cable...and yes i have removed the plastics from both ends...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
"Brand new"
"Expensive"
So?
Does the "tab" snap in place where this "brand new" "expensive" cable does not?
My girlfriend bought, 8 years ago...and at the time, an Audi A8. First time she ever spent more than $20,000 on a car.
With 300 miles on the odo and 8 days old...left her stranded...
Granted, the dealer showed up with another car...and that concierge stayed with the car till it was picked up. Still she was 2 hours sitting there...luckily it was the mall...she got more shopping done.
The dealership had the car 6 weeks waiting on a new computer.

s4ever

Auditioning
Real Name
sadicu
OK, i finally solved it... the plug from the HC is not "perfect" as I had to push it very hard the cable to get that click and then when i wanted to take it out the rubber that is covering the end went out so I had to pull with both hands....not that smooth as it should be...finally after cable management i have inserted the cable back in the HC and hopefully i will not have to take it out in the next 5 years :D
More the input source of the philips for digital input is not AUX as wrote in the manual but a different one (something with "Music",cant read the whole thing as its written with "funny" letters)...
Anyway its working now (even Dolby :D ) thanks a lot to all and especially to schan1269 :cool:
Happy holidays !

ericfletcher

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric Fletcher
Hello all rookie trying to hook up home theater system!!.......I have a mitsubishi 73 dlp tv and a Lg LHB326 blu-ray home theater and im having issues getting sound when watching cable tv....the blu-ray and radio part work fine just no audio from home theater system when watching normal tv any suggestions? thanks in advance

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Hi Eric, welcome to HTF!
Are you talking about cable TV with a set top box, or TV audio from your Mits? Or does the cable TV connect directly to the Mits?
If it is sound from the Mits, you need to run digital audio from your TV to the back of the LG. You will need a coaxial to optical converter since the TV has coaxial out and the LG has optical in. Here is one from Monoprice: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10423&cs_id=1042302&p_id=2947&seq=1&format=2 You will also need an optical and coaxial cable.
If the audio is from a cable TV set top box. then you should be able to run an optical cable from the back of the STB to the LG.
Hope this helps!

ericfletcher

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric Fletcher
Thanks Steve for your reply
still alittle confused I drew a diagram of exactly what I have on both units
The cable (sat) tv connects directly into Mits via coax cable to Ant. port

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks