What's new

No receipt, no problem! (1 Viewer)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I know that I have bashed MediaPlay in the past for high prices, and Wal-Mart for any number of things, but I did want to point out that both of these stores have taken returns from me, no questions asked, even if when I lost the receipt. Neither of these brick-and-mortars is perfect, but accepting returns so painlessly should be applauded.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I think the practice should be condemned. I know you're an honest guy and I'm happy things worked out for you. But the consequences of accepting product back without a receipt is that it encourages theft. Yes, I know most people are honest, like you and me, but we all know that there's enough of the other kind to spoil things.
So, no, it's not a good idea at all. I can understand a store doing it on a case by case basis, especially if they know you, but it ought not to be standard operating procedure.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks