What's new

no output diy sub (1 Viewer)

Kirstyn

Auditioning
Hey guys, I have just finished my diy Shiva/pe 250 watt amp sub and it is no where near my expectations.Its in my 12 x 15 foot basement ht room and the output from it is very minimal, I have tried putting it in my seating position and doing the crawl test but can't find a good response anywhere.The sub is working {lots of cone excursion)but no major volume or bass response.I have directly replaced my old sub{Paradym PS1000) with the diy sub so wiring and receiver issues should be out.Any thoughts on my situation would help. Thanks in advance. KR:frowning:

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Was the Paradigm better or worse than what you have now?

What alignment / box style did you choose? How do you have the voice coils wired?

Is it air-tight?

I hope it comes together for you - mine pounds - Good Luck!

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Wire only one voicecoil on the sub and push it with the plate amp and test the other voice coil in this fashion as well separately (this way this narrows the focus to whether the woofer works, amp works, or wiring issue). It'd seem to me the culprit could phase alignment (that plate amp has variable phase), AVR setup (some don't allow an effective mains large and sub setup), AVR LFE output (set the plate amp at 12 o'clock and 0 on that channel, set all other speakers small, and check with a spl meter), wiring (either in series or out of phase), or location. Of course you might also play a few bass heavy movies (Episode 1, Lotr, etc) and check to see if it needs either a break-in or perception of bass might be off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks