What's new

No more Camaro's or Firebirds from GM. (1 Viewer)

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I wouldn't mind them keeping the car in production, but getting rid of the 16-year-olds who want to race at every stoplight :) I have 5.0 Mustang which I drive because it's paid for and it gets me where I'm going - I'm not interested in racing and possibly throwing a tranny or other expensive part. On the other hand, V8 muscle cars are handy for passing in short straightaways!

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
This rumor has been going around for a couple years, and yes, I'm saddened by the news. First it was the Impala and now it's these; another casualty in the New America. I wonder when it's the Corvette's time?
No, the Camaro/Firebird are not perfect cars, as there's not a lot of room and quite a bit of plastic, but there's something to be said for a $20,000 car that can give a $250,000 Ferrari a run for it's money. At least the Mustang remains, but it's the lesser of the two rival pony cars IMO.
------------------
"Home is where the theater is!"

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Hey Aaron, I have a Grand Prix :)
------------------
you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Wow...looks like I'm in the wrong room.
wink.gif
I've never liked the Camaro...especially the newer ones. I was sad to see the Impala SS go, however. That was a sweet ride.
------------------
My DVD Collection

DonnyD

Screenwriter
GOOD... they were crap anyway. Cheap engineering and poor build quality. Yes, I watched them made in the factory and was saddened by the fact that such a good idea became such a loser in the end result due to poor engineering and workmanship. Ever seen a car built? You'd know why there are so many LEMONS and why they cost so much.
------------------
"I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethru gleams that untraveled world whose margin fades forever and forever...."

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Haha, just think how much money all the parts stores are going to lose. They'll be broke in no time.
P.S. I used to own one. Biggest waste of money I ever bought.
------------------
rock_band.gif
"See the world on the wings of rock and roll"

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Unfortunately GM will be the next to fall.
The last couple of years have shown their vehicle designs take a turn in the wrong direction.
The new Impala and Monte Carlo are a couple of good examples.
Poor body designs, horrible looking tail light designs, plus wheel rims that do not suit the vehicles.
Their vehicles have become somewhat 'Butt Ugly'.
I sure do not see very many of the newly designed vehicles around..Mainly since nobody is buying them.
Too Bad.
frown.gif

------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current
[Edited last by Trevor Schell on September 30, 2001 at 11:57 PM]

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Yes, this has been in the works for several years. I believe it was Motor Trend who broke the story back in '98. We're just seeing the final product of the phase-out now.
The reason I could never purchase one is they're a dime a dozen as is the Ford Mustang. I know, that means they're popular but why buy the same car that they other 4 people on your street own? Explorers, Tahoes, and other SUVs are just as common and therefore not exciting. What I'm working for is to own an Acura NS-X.
yum.gif

------------------
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. -Franklin D. Roosevelt.
My Top 10 of 2000 My Top 10 of 2001

Users who are viewing this thread