Real Name
Aaron Silverman
hqdefault.jpg

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Bugs and glitches aside, the more I hear about this game the more I think it's completely in my wheelhouse. It sounds relaxing and fun. I'll be getting it eventually.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Based on the Steam drop-off rate (88-90%?!?!?) and all the other complaints, the servers will probably be shut down before I get a chance to play it. :(

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Listening to several video game podcasts over the past couple of weeks, it's clear that No Man's Sky was really misrepresented and a majority of gamers feel they were sold a bill of goods. I haven't heard the dropoff numbers for consoles but you can probably look at the Steam numbers and make a pretty good guess.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Honestly, I think they marketed the game as pretty much exactly what it was. People just expected more because they made things up in their heads. When they say there are billions of procedurally-generated planets, that doesn't mean you'll get to play interactive Star Trek.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Honestly, I think they marketed the game as pretty much exactly what it was. People just expected more because they made things up in their heads. When they say there are billions of procedurally-generated planets, that doesn't mean you'll get to play interactive Star Trek.

I agree. I think people thought it was a trading sim as well instead of a survival type exploration game. It never looked like a game that you played with your buddies either, but people seem to have wanted that as well.

Stupid thing is, with updates and patches, they probably could of added some of the planned features that never made it. I doubt anything will happen now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks