What's new

No Man's Sky (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Literally: F off, we aren't going to respond to your individual issue, but hey we have two patches coming out in the next whenever, so wait for that and hope that it maybe fixes your problems. Oh and no we aren't going to entertain returns either even tho our product is literally unplayable.
Hello Games (Hello Games)
Aug 17, 16:32 CEST

Hello !!

First of all, we are thankful for all your love, support and affection towards our dream project ‘No Man’s Sky’. At the same time, if you have mailed out support address, we are extremely sorry for any issues you are facing playing our game.

Please be assured that we are working literally around the clock to resolve the most critical issues for players. We are collating all the data and support requests you have sent, and it is helping us to develop fixes. Sincerely thank you for your help.

Many people have waited so long to play the game, and we know how frustrating it can be to have problems. We hear you, and we humbly request you to wait a bit longer as we try to get these fixes tested and rolled out soon.

A patch for both PC and PS4 will be released this week. These will fix the most urgent and critical issues for all our players. Then next week another patch for PS4 and PC will be released which will help to improve the experience further for players. We will keep you updated.

In the meantime, please find a list of the most common issues and workarounds here:
http://www.no-mans-sky.com/support/

No Man’s Sky is a vast journey, we intend to continually update and improve this game and we look forward to working with you to provide the best gameplay experience we can.

Thank you for understanding,
Hello Games

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
This is why you don't preorder or buy on the first day of release without being able to read reviews. Honestly, no sympathy for the consumers who probably should have known better.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, because expecting a game to be playable when it arrives in stores is too much to ask these days.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Apparently, it is. This is extremely common now.

Also, I mean, being playable and not crashing isn't the same as being good. A lot of hugely hyped games come out to mediocre reviews and pissed off gamers who preordered. The only time you should preorder and buy on release is when you can read reviews ahead of time.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Apparently, it is. This is extremely common now.

Also, I mean, being playable and not crashing isn't the same as being good. A lot of hugely hyped games come out to mediocre reviews and pissed off gamers who preordered. The only time you should preorder and buy on release is when you can read reviews ahead of time.

Broken games are far too common. It's really ridiculous. I pretty much expect the games to not work right for the first month. It's the ones still broken years later that stick in my craw.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Patch didn't seem to help, it did that wacky sound turn off thing. I then turned off and on my receiver and somehow that worked. But now I'm forced to play in a minimized screen. I played for 2 hours or so, got off planet, figured out how to get to a space station in same system, they wouldnt let me in there without some kind of pass, so I flew down to a big ass blue green planet and explored around. A big laggy in places but playable.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Here's a video showing NMS dicking with my sound. I launch FO4 first to show you that every other game keeps a stable connection to my receiver. As soon as I start NMS it loses sync and the receiver goes into a state where it's confused and defaults to stereo over HDMI but can't play anything. Alt tabbing it out doesnt fix it today like it did yesterday.

Game is literally unplayable for me.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
Seems Sony are making it very difficult to get a refund and if you do you can't buy it again at a later date.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-19-no-mans-sky-refund-sony

Blastiel spoke with a PlayStation customer support rep called Noah to ask for a refund. He says he was told that he was eligible for a refund, but if he did get one, he'd never be able to play No Man's Sky again.

"The practice Sony is employing is a bit underhanded, to say the least," Blastiel said.

"I was told I couldn't re-buy it off the store digitally, and I couldn't buy a physical copy because whatever system they employ in the background wouldn't let me run it. They delete the license from your account, and that seems to put a block on it.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Seems like Sony is shooting themselves in the foot by not allowing a different license to be sold to the same person.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
That linked article quotes an official response from Sony: apparently you can re-buy and re-play the game after a refund, despite what the support personnel advised.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Also:
spaceman_spiff_crash_colour_by_nucking_futbar-dmfthk.jpg

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow. I was looking at this game and Over watch, but decided to hold off on buying either one. After reading this thread I'm glad I did. This game looks like it sucks ass on an immense scale. Thankfully, I did not spend 90 bucks on this pile of dog s**.

Anybody who spent their hard earned cash on this thing has my sympathy.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Rich and Jack from RLM expound on how badly made, unfun, and ultimately pointless No Man's Sky is:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've enjoyed it a ton. Then again I didn't expect it to bring me to Jesus, or pipe euphoria into my brain for all eternity, either.

I don't expect euphoria or a religious experience either, but for 90 bucks I would expect a game to not be full of console crashing bugs and terrible game mechanics.

Glad you were able to enjoy the game though.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Who is spending $90? Its a $60 game

Also, I've put in ~30 hrs so far without a single crash, and I have no issue with any of the game mechanics. *shrugs*

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Who is spending $90? Its a $60 game

Also, I've put in ~30 hrs so far without a single crash, and I have no issue with any of the game mechanics. *shrugs*

In Canada the game is 79.95 not including sales taxes. Add another 12% to that price for taxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks