What's new

No Lite-On DVD-ROM support?!!! (1 Viewer)

John Parris

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I have traced my DVD playback problem to issues with my DVD-ROM... but when I go to update the drivers for it... I find that they're non-existant! I can't find a single mention of ANY of lite-on's DVD-ROM products ANYWHERE on thier MULTIPLE websites!!

:angry:

Am I missing something? Where in the world are the drivers, FAQs, product manuals...ANYTHING about thier DVD-ROM drives?! ANY support at ALL?! What's the deal??

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
You don't need any specific drivers for the drive. Try upgrading the drivers for your IDE controller.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
And I don't think Lite-On "makes" anything. I have a drive from them, it's a toshiba (maybe OEM'd be them, but who knows). Bios recognizes it and says Toshiba.

-Vince

Brian E

Screenwriter
Lite-On makes drives for half of the companies out there at least CD-ROM/CDRW wise, not positive about DVD-ROMs.

John, is it the 163D? If so there's a nice little mod out there to region free it if you're interested. (hope that was ok to post)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks