What's new

No audio output on my Toshiba. Any idea why? (1 Viewer)

Chris White

Second Unit
When I select the TV input on my Toshiba TW65X81, I don't get any audio output. There is nothing coming from the audio out jacks and there is no sound from the tv speakers. The audio is working correctly for every other input, so that should rule out any audio cable problems.

The only thing I can think of is a problem with the audio circuitry (well, duh!). I'm guessing the audio circuitry involved is different for the tv input since the tv doesn't actually have to generate the audio output for any of the other inputs.

Any ideas or suggestions before I call the repair man?

Kevin P

Screenwriter
It sounds like you have a tuner problem, or the audio cable between the tuner board and the audio board (if there is one) is loose or disconnected.

Did this problem just happen one day? Try unplugging the set for a few minutes to reset the microprocessor. A power surge or something could have messed it up.

KJP

Chris White

Second Unit
Kwang: The audio is working correctly for every other input, so that indicates the speakers must be turned on.

Kevin: A tuner problem. Hmmm. That's a thought. Yes, the problem just suddenly appeared yesterday and we did have a power outage yesterday. I didn't even think about the power outage because we have one nearly every day. (Orlando Utility Co. Motto: Proudly serving the central Florida area with over 12 hours of uninterrupted service.) I did try turning the tv off, but I didn't try unplugging it. I'll try that.

Chris White

Second Unit
Kevin -- you are the man. :) I unplugged the set for a few minutes, plugged it back in, and voile -- it works perfectly. Thanks for the suggestion. You saved me a service call. Whew!!!
:)

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Glad to hear it worked. I'll send you a bill! :D
Rebooting: not just for computers anymore! :)
KJP

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks