What's new

No audio on Denon 3808 zone 2 (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I am not getting any sound on my zone 2 speakers with the 3808 on digital sources (HDMI). When I use the tuner it works fine. Any ideas?

One of the reason I got the 3808 was its ability to play digital sources on zone 2 and 3 (a feature listed on Denon's website). My only thought is that maybe if the connection is digital is must be coax or optical but that doesnt make a lot sense.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
Anybody? I really want this feature to work as it will get a ton of use. I looked through the settings and nothing is jumping out at me. And I did read the manual.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit

Thanks Wayne, I am going to do this (see below).

I got the 3808 so I wouldnt need two sets of connections. I did find out the answer - the 3808 can output audio from a digital connection to zone 2/3, it just needs to be a coax or optical connection. I am bit bummed by this as Denon does not make this clear on thier website, all it says is it can do digital audio to zone 2/3. They should be much more clear about this as HDMI is digital. Doesnt make a lot of sense to me as if you are using HDMI there isnt a need for another connection for the audio. So much for a one cable solution. However it still is a great unit and am a very happy owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks