No audio on Denon 3808 zone 2

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Andrew Pezzo, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Andrew Pezzo

Andrew Pezzo Second Unit

I am not getting any sound on my zone 2 speakers with the 3808 on digital sources (HDMI). When I use the tuner it works fine. Any ideas?

One of the reason I got the 3808 was its ability to play digital sources on zone 2 and 3 (a feature listed on Denon's website). My only thought is that maybe if the connection is digital is must be coax or optical but that doesnt make a lot sense.

2. Andrew Pezzo

Andrew Pezzo Second Unit

Anybody? I really want this feature to work as it will get a ton of use. I looked through the settings and nothing is jumping out at me. And I did read the manual.

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Piece of cake. Just add the red/white analog RCA connetions from the digital source to the receiver.

Regards,
    Wayne

4. Andrew Pezzo

Andrew Pezzo Second Unit

Thanks Wayne, I am going to do this (see below).

I got the 3808 so I wouldnt need two sets of connections. I did find out the answer - the 3808 can output audio from a digital connection to zone 2/3, it just needs to be a coax or optical connection. I am bit bummed by this as Denon does not make this clear on thier website, all it says is it can do digital audio to zone 2/3. They should be much more clear about this as HDMI is digital. Doesnt make a lot of sense to me as if you are using HDMI there isnt a need for another connection for the audio. So much for a one cable solution. However it still is a great unit and am a very happy owner.