No audio on Apocalypse Now Redux

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter Kim, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

This is a bizarre problem that I've never experienced before. I've got a Toshiba SD-3109 dvd player. Once this disc is loaded up, the menu screen comes up with the background music. No problem yet.

However, once I select 'Play Movie', the movie plays without any sound. Tried skipping through all the chapters, still no sound. Put another disc in the player and there are no audio problems.

What's especially confounding is that the menu music comes through clearly. It's only when I play the movie that the audio disappears.

I then played the trailer and the audio played without any problem. Once I switched back to the movie, finally the audio magically reappears!!?? I ran through this odd sequence again. I discovered only when I play the trailer first will the audio work in the movie.

Anyone experience this quirk? Not sure whether I should exchange the disc or just live with it.

2. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Weird. I've tried it on a Sony S360, an Apex 600A and a Malata N996, and it played fine on all of them. It really made my recent purchase of a SVS 16PC-46 feel worthwhile. WOW! What a soundtrack!

3. Bill J

Bill J Producer

I would try and exchange it, problems like that can be really annoying.

4. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    i have the same prob on my 5109 no sound movie only. works fine in my apex plenty of sound there.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]