What's new

No audio from AV Receiver from TV (1 Viewer)

editman

Agent
Real Name
Ken
My Samsung ES8000 TV has a HDMI connection that supports A.R.C.. It is connected via a HDMI cable (Monster 15.8Gbps ARC 1.4) to my Pioneer VSX 921 AV Receiver that supports ARC.I cannot find a way of playing the audio from the TV thru the receiver.Can any one help please

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You have to turn on CEC control on both the TV and receiver...
Good luck with the headaches that will cause.
ARC is a great idea implemented badly.

editman

Agent
Real Name
Ken
Connected an optical cable and still have a problem. It has been connected from the optical out on the TV to the optical in TV/Sat port on the receiver.I made sure the cable “clicked” each end when fitted and the cable shows red at the amp end when the TV is on. Now all I am hearing when I set the receiver to TV/Sat is muffled base sounds from the sub and I need to put my ear next to the centre speaker to hear anything-what I am doing wrong ?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Probably...(since I don't have a manual in front of me...)
Turn the volume all the way up on the TV?
But before you do that...turn the receiver down first.
Somewhere in audio(and it is pretty much the same on ALL of them)
You have the choice of internal speakers on/off. Turn them off.
You have a choice of variable audio out or "fixed". If you do NOT have a fixed audio out...turn up the volume.
Lastly, some TV...the only things that make it out the tos-link(or ARC for that matter) are the internal tuner and the inputs. Your TV "might not" output the apps???
On our only "networked TV"(Panasonic plasma)...Pandora is stuck using the internal speakers. It doesn't have Netflix...so we don't know if it is a Pandora thing...or a Panasonic thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks