What's new

NIRO1.1 STD/PRO Home Theater (1 Viewer)

Rob.melone

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I purchased the STD (Standard) system at $599. This system consists of a single TV top speaker enclosure that houses 3 speakers (L/C/R), 8" sub and DVD Receiver. The system is attractive and easy to setup. The remote is very well designed. The manual would benefit by a good English proof reading. I would describe two channel sound for music as sweetly appealing but bright and with little stereo imaging and separation. HT performance is much more dynamic with excellent integration between the speakers and sub, which has surprising presence. Since there are no rear speakers, I tested surround capabilities with current technology movies that have a minimum of 5.1 channels (e.g. Lord of the Rings and Star Wars). Remarkably, surround sound was present as if splashed around the room. In conclusion, I would say that this is a very good system for HT, especially for those of us who are wary of large dust collecting components and running wires around the room. If you are intrigued with this type of technology, you may also want to check out Dolby's new Virtual Speaker. Regards. Rob

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Interesting.

I wasn't really interested in this system as my friend was. But after reading some of the articles, this might be useful in the bedroom.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks