What's new

Nip/Tuck Season 4 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hey, what's dark and plastic? Nip/Tuck!

The season 4 premiere is on tonight and the teaser spots have hit all the right spots for me, can't wait for another season and sick and twisted, and all shades of darkness that this show goes.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Great first episode! It's a return to form for the show that slipped up with a few of its episodes last year, but this year, they are poised to put themselves back on track just on the heals of this season premiere alone. Judging from the scenes that we'll see during the season, it looks like Escobar from the first season will be returning.
That'll make my night when that happens, I'll tell you now. The show is back to its true form, especially considering that the Carver storyline is done for now.

Also, I must say that I like the sneak preview showcase from Sony. Every preview makes their movies look good (especially "Running With Scissors" and "Stranger Than Fiction"). I should also say that the teaser promos for the FX's new show "Dirt" look good as well.

All I can say is that it is going to be a hell of a season for Nip/Tuck.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I thought it was a step back in the right direction. I was relieved to read interviews with the creators and cast about the Carver and last season. They thought it was horrible and joked about them having to start carrying guns and badges as they became detectives instead of surgeons. To actually have your actors protest a story line and have to continue it because it was too late to change it is not a good thing.

Anyone know if this is the last season? I have heard rumors that it is and that certain main players want to leave the show after this season. They are rumors from the set about spoilers and characters leaving, only to be quickly quelled by the PR machine.

I just wish I knew if this was indeed the final season.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
I also very much enjoyed the preview, and am thrilled to have this show back, it is one of my favorites. The Carver started out good, but it definitely got ridiculous by the end of last season.

Nicholas, you may want to spoilerize your comments about the season previews. Unlike some shows, I usually watch the next week's preview for nip/tuck, but I'm sure some don't, and I was careful to avoid possible spoilers for the entire coming season when they mentioned they were coming.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Crap! I love this show and hadn't seen any promos. I'l have to start to catch back on.

Last night was too much stuff.. House, Eureka, etc. But I'll catch this ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show continues to push the envelope of what you can show on cable TV (even after 10 p.m.), and I'm loving every minute of it (never thought I'd see Scoggins or Shields in the positions their characters found themselves in in film or TV). With the doctors selling the practice, I'm sure some tensions will re-surface when the bottom line begins to suffer (or the potential for more business makes it a tough choice for Sean and Christian to continue to work at the place their started, but now since sold). Sanaa Latham was bringing in some serious heat for the eventual hookup between her and Christian. Sean is going to be faced with some different challenges when his and Julia's son is born. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how the hell their two kids turned out to be such.. jerks. Says something about the parents. I'm really interested how far they press this "scientology cult" storyline. I wonder how many eyebrows that raised during production.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how long they'll string along the "Is Christian really in love with Sean" storyline. The irony is that Dylan Walsh (Sean) was written off of "Everwood" by revealing his character had a gay relationship on the road, while still married to Nina, father to Sam.

The daughter's idea of welcoming her new brother is very odd and insensitive, but maybe she just doesn't see it that way, and it trying to understand the struggles her new brother will encounter. The Kimber/Matt storyline was a strange development. Mrs. Landau being "blackmailed" by the Jacqueline Bissett character raised an eyebrow for me. Does Julian McMahon have it in his contract for Christian to be shown boffing someone in each episode this season? :D

Duane R

Second Unit
I think everyone is doing some headscratching about the development in the parking garage. So far it's a good start to the season. Does anyone know if this season is 16 episodes or back to the standard 13?

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i think the daughter's cutting off her dolls' fingers was actually a well-intended move on her part that both her parents over-reacted to, and she never got a chance to explain herself as to why she did it.

i think her intention was that her little brother would, as he grew up, see her dolls with hands just like his, and not feel as if he was such a freak, or different.

at least, that was my take on it. good intentions, misinterpreted by overly sensitive parents.

RafaelB

Second Unit
I have to second (or third) the thought that Annie was merely trying to empathise with her new brother's condition and that Julia and Sean were really *REALLY* over-reacting. In previous seasons, it was shown that Annie was the more sensitive child of the family and I don't see hwy it should be any different now.

Rafael.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ever wonder why Matt was so messed up? Perhaps it was because Julia and Sean were/are outrageously reactionary parents. :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This was a fast moving episode in terms of before I knew it, it was over.

Too much Mario on Tuesday nights (Nip/Tuck and Dancing with the Stars).

The anguish of Connor's birth defects is heartbreaking on many levels. Hope Dinklage sticks around for a few episodes.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought this episode was hilariously over-the-top. This show consistently flies by for me, I rarely sit around looking at the clock waiting for something to happen because something is always happening and it's usally bold and crazy as hell. For me, it's the fastest hour of TV being aired today.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Seems like they are just shooting for shock value now. I mean Laura Ingals and Beastiality. Disgraceful.
I am getting tired of Christian's conquests. He needs to grow. Also, can't Sean and Julia ever have anything that isn't depressing happen to them???

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Every urban legend imaginable.

Girl & Peanut Butter.
Kidney Thieves.
etc.

I was rolling it was so ridiculously over the top.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Kidney? Urban legend.

Peanut butter? Not so much. :)

The incident in the show has little to do with the "caught in the act at a surprise party" joke/legend - which often uses other foodstuffs than peanut butter.

But the use of peanut butter per se for such purposes is not an urban legend. Unless some of the things I read about abnormal psychology back in the 70s are totally wrong.

Regards,

Joe

Chris

Senior HTF Member
"an extra twenty grand if we use the rug"

The whole bit with scientology is just.. creepy. I'm surprised they get away with this in some ways, I'm wondering when scientology starts making the threats.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Are you all the way in?" Holy moly, Christian is the man-whore of the new millenia.

Overall an okay episode, but did enjoy the reveal of the organ butcher.

The Matt subplot just puts the brakes on any decent momentum within the episode. Just go away, Matt.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks