What's new

Nip/Tuck Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Thats a great reason to watch the show Juan. Truy MTV if you are more interested in the music aspect.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
8/3/04

This show can get creepy on the turn of a dime, and tonight's episode was no exception.

I'm so glad they are done with Jill Clayburgh's subplot.

Christian got through a seduction scene without any display of man-ass.

What if Adrian turned Matt bi? :)

The life coach from hell is pretty messed up if she thinks shagging a 16 year old is normal and healthy.

Julia appears to be in hot water soon, even if Matt took one for good ol' mom this time.

Now that Line of Fire got canned, looks like Leslie Bibb is slumming in guest spots for now (as the carved up rape victim).

Duane R

Second Unit
Thankfully, the show veered away from the creepy towards the end... I hope to *not* see Adrian again, what a freak. Also in the previews for next week's show, it looks like the SHTF and Sean finds out the big secret.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Great episode..... And you are correct next week looks like the SHTF in a big way!!!!! I can't remember but what episode are we on and is it slated for 12 or 13 episodes???

Thanks
R~

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Wow! Very pivitol. Looks like Life Coach lady is going to make everyone's life a disaster with all the info she knows. Boy is she creepy and her son too but I enjoyed Adrian trying to seduce Matt.
Next weeks should be even better.

Anyone know where I can find out what music was playing in the background during Matt and Ava's doing it scene?

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor

Might have to see the encore to figure it out. It was a catchy tune. One thing I've always wondered is how in the hell the show affords to pay for all the music rights. From Roxy Music, to Gary Newman, to Blondie, etc, the figure must be enormous, almost like paying the salary for another lead actor. I remember reading where Freaks and Geeks had to pay $1 mil to secure all the music rights for the DVD. Nip/Tuck must have approached that figure for its DVD release.

BTW, from the previews it looks like a lot of shit is going to go down. Can't wait to see Doc Mac flip out on Doc Troy

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Anyone else think Leslie Bibb looks a HELL of a lot like Emma Caulfield, who played Anya on Buffy? That's who I thought it was in this episode until I read this thread.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Emma's face is a bit wider, while Leslie's face is longer. But Leslie's blondish hair does make her look more like Emma than she does with dark hair.

Emma was on last week's episode of "Monk" BTW.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
In case anyone is interested, the song that I wanted to know the name of that was playing during Ava and Matt's liason is: "Hayling" - FC Kahuna

Duane R

Second Unit
8/10: Agatha Ripp

Well the SHTF tonight! After seeing Julia drop that bomb and Sean going into a tailspin, it will be interesting to see if or how things will be patched up. Not only that, it was also sad to see Christian get bushwhacked by Liz over the abortion.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out now that sean knows the truth........... Should be some interesting things going on!

R~

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Good show and very well written. So Christian got his nose broken again I am guessing?
Glad they gave something for Liz to do.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I watched last week's and last night's episodes back-to-back last night. Wow, that was something else!

During the surfgery with the Carver's victim, I was afraid that Sean's yip would cause a problem, destroy the woman's nerves, and be caught on camera, and really damage the practice. I was glad that the surgery was so successful. I was also pleased that his original motivation was wholly altruistic, without initially thinking of the publicity angle.

Liz's abortion has so sad; I couldn't watch. The most distressing thing I've seen on the show so far (with Eva's seduction of Matt and her screwed up world a very close second.)

I don't know where they go from here.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'll join in on the Praise parade for this episode.

I barely recognized Sarah Paulson as lady stigmata.

Christian was getting it from both ends as Liz aborted her fetus and the cat's out of the bag w/r/t Matt's paternity. The final scene with Sean and Julia was pretty intense and sad.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I’m not sure how I felt about this last episode. Very powerful, but where do they go from here? After all we have a situation where everyone has been betrayed by someone else (or even more than one person)—and to top it all off there was an abortion of a fetus who had been (arguably) touched by the hand of God.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

It's essentially a Soap and in a Soap world, you can usually sleep with anyone, backstab them, sleep with their significant other and be friends in a month so who knows.

In TV guide this week they gave a thumbs down to Famke Janke's character on the show.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator

I certainly wouldn't argue against that. However, while I like the parallels they began to make with the splitting of the Siamese twins, they seemed to beat it into the ground. I was almost waiting for Sean to call one of the girls by his name or for one of their faces to morph into Christian's. Oh well, can't be perfect.

I am amazed how they seem to push the envelope futher every week it seems. A threesome with bare asses and people smoking a joint in the foreground was surprising, but I say keep it going.

I am very interested to see how Matt handles this, especially with Eva still in the mix.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yah, you had to love the way the writers parallelled Sean and Christian's impending separation with their "last" case together, and how truly symbiotic they had become in the past 17+ years.

Now, that "menege a whoa" definitely pushed the limits of cable TV... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks