What's new

Nintendo Wii..... (1 Viewer)

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
My Wii is arriving tommorow!

I never seem to catch those brief (5-30 minute) windows of opportunity for non-bundled, non-auctioned, MSRP-priced Wiis online. Well, this morning, my luck changed.

Last night, I played Super Mario Galaxy for about a half hour, and let me just say, WOW.

Also, glad to hear that the Wavebird is compatible with the Wii. Now the question: what to do with the Gamecube?

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
You could do what Gary Coleman did, sign it and put it up on eBay.

Or find another Gamecube, duct-tape the two together and sell it as a Wii for a profit.

Joking, joking.

Phil Kim

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks to WiiTracker, I was able to ordered one from Amazon this morning ($249.99 + Super Saver free shipping). I thought about upgrading to quicker shipping, but my order is already being processed.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
CONGRATS guys!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Wii.

Just in time too, as Mario Galaxy and the new Resident Evil is out.
The new Wii Zapper gun(Zelda shootout game)
and NeoGeo has been added to the Download game service.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Got one for the kids yesterday for 249.00 and with the extra controllers about 300+. Maybe it's me since I never owned a video game console before but I was really amazed with the game. Load time was pretty fast, and the wireless remote blew my mind. It came with Wii sports and I bowled, boxing and baseball (two homeruns first time playing) and I'm loving this game. Toys r Us is selling Mario Galaxy this weekend with a gift card so I'll pick it up to go with the package. The kids are going to love Santa this year. I saw that they have the connector with component for 480p. Is there one with HDMI. I know it only does 480p but my component inputs are taken up.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
No HDMI :) Hell, 480p is what you get ;)

But this year has had some flat out GREAT games (Super Mario Galaxy being the latest, but I still LOVE Super Paper Mario, and some games are just classic stuff..)

I'm eagerly awaiting the announced RPG headed to WiiWare: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Little King and the Promised Country. I'm all over that one.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=175411

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Hadn't owned a console since the NES and I love the Wii. Having played Resident Evil 4 several times now, I'm definitely looking forward to the current release. Only problem is that I can't buy it because people were asking me for Christmas gift suggestions. :frowning: Same with the new Medal of Honor game. And imagine my horror when I came home last week and found that the dogs had chewed up my Wii Sports disc! :eek: No more Wii fitness tests. Grrrr...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tomorrow, BB and CC are advertising Wii consoles for sale, so get there early on Sunday morning to get a ticket voucher or the Wii console itself.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
So, it looks like a Black Sunday for the Wii's.
I'm wondering if this might be the last chance(shipment) before X-mas.
I'm hearing Wii is still so hard to come by.

Patrick,

Have you tried out the new Mii Channel?

"Check Mii out"

It's kind of fun!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
BTW, these cables work just as well as the Nintendo branded ones at a fraction of the price.

The only drawback is for those with HT sound systems -- you need to get barrel connectors and a set of audio cables to plug the audio into your stereo since it's component video and LR audio in one cable.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd

Yep, that exactly what I had to do when i received mine. Worked like a charm.

Now the price has gone back up to $6.39, which is still a fantastic price. A few people I know did manage to get them for $3.84 though.

crossing23

Grip
Real Name
Marilyn
Steve, you seem to be very informed on the Wii. I am hoping that you might take the time to tell me how I would hook up the Wii to my surround sound!

I know absolutely nothing about this.

This is what I have:

Panasonic 58" plasma-Sony blue ray-motorola dvr-v20 bose system.

What I want to do is hook up the Wii to my surround sound. Have no idea how to do this.

Marilyn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks